Once the power button becomes unresponsive on Samsung Galaxy smartphone, basic tasks like turning the phone off or on would no longer be possible. Thus, we have mapped out alternative ways to make use of the phone while a service repair is yet to be done. Read the complete guide below.
Power Button Unresponsive on Samsung Galaxy
- Samsung Galaxy power button not working.
- Samsung Galaxy won’t turn off using power button.
- Can’t turn on Samsung Galaxy using power button.
- Power button unresponsive on Samsung.
- How to turn on device without using a power button.
- How to turn off Samsung Galaxy smartphone without power button.
If your power button isn’t working on your Samsung, then this is usually due to a hardware issue and can’t be fixed unless you send your Samsung in for repair. However, it’s not completely over if you’re unable to repair your Samsung or it’s out of warranty. Here is how you can get by using your Galaxy without a power button:
- How to turn OFF your Galaxy without a power button.
- If you’re looking to turn off your device without using a power button, you’re going to need a third-party app such as “Button Savior“.
- To install Button Savior, tap on the Apps icon and open Play Store.
- Tap on the search bar that says Google Play at the top of the screen and search for “Button Savior” and install the non-root version.
- Open Button Savior and Select “Kill/Start Button Savior Service”.
- A small arrow on the right side of the screen will pop up.
- Select it to convert it into icons.
- Tap and hold the “Power” button on the lowest part of the icon list to see device options.
- Select the “Power off” option to turn off your device.
- How to turn ON your Galaxy without a power button.
- With your phone turned off, press and hold the Volume down and Home button.
- While holding the Volume Down and Home, use a USB cable to connect your phone to your computer.
- Continue holding the Volume Down and Home button to until your phone will boot to Download mode.
- Once your phone boots to Download mode, press on the Volume Down button to cancel the Download mode.
- Once the Download mode has been cancelled, your Galaxy will reboot.
- Wait for your phone to completely start.
I hope that this how-to post has helped you one way or another. Please help us spread the word by sharing this post to your friends or people who may also have similar problems.
Connect With Us
We aimed to help our readers fix issues with their phones as well as to know how to properly use them. If you are experiencing other issues, please visit our Help Guide page. We have published articles that contain solutions to common issues. We also have a YouTube channel that has video tutorials and troubleshooting content for smartphones. Click this link and don’t forget to subscribe. Thank you for reading!