Getting a poor reception when using WiFi on your iPhone 12? Don’t worry as this post will provide some procedures that could help you fix the iPhone 12 with poor Wi-Fi reception or weak signal when using WiFi. Find out more information as you keep on reading.
How to Deal with Weak Signal or Poor Wi-Fi Reception on iPhone 12
The quality of Wi-Fi reception on our smartphones would depend on different factors. Thick walls and distance are the main reason why you would experience a weak signal or poor Wi-Fi reception. But what if you are near the router or modem but you still have an iPhone 12 with poor Wi-Fi reception or weak WiFisignal?
That problem could be due to a minor software glitch, or if not, a hardware problem with the bandwidth receptor on your iPhone 12 especially if other devices are able to use the WiFi without any problem on the reception quality.
Let us perform some steps to make sure that this is not a hardware issue. Follow the given procedures below and check if it can help you resolve the iPhone 12 that is having a problem with weak signal or poor Wi-Fi reception.
First Solution: Restart your Router/Modem
The first thing that you can do is to ensure that this problem is not caused by the internet equipment. Since the router/modem is turned on most of the time, they could encounter a glitch that may affect some connections on the device that is using the WiFi. Hence, it is necessary to give it a quick system refresh and see if it fixes the poor Wi-Fi reception on your iPhone 12.
- Press the power button on your modem/router until it powers down.
- While it’s turned off, unplug its AC adapter from the power source.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds then plug back in and turn it on.
- Allow the Wi-Fi signal indicator to be established and be stable.
Once a stable signal on your WiFi modem/router is back, connect your iPhone 12 and see if it is getting a stronger signal reception this time.
Second Solution: Restart your iPhone 12
The next thing to do if the issue persists is to refresh the phone’s system. Just like your internet equipment, the iPhone 12 could also suffer from glitches by the time you use the device. Performing a reset is a simple task to do and has been proven effective in correcting minor software glitches.
- Press and hold the Power/Side button and either of the Volume buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
- Release both buttons once the Slide to Power off prompt appears on the screen.
- Drag the Power off slider to the right to turn off your phone.
- After 30 seconds, press and hold the Power/Side button again until you see the Apple logo.
Just check the Wi-Fi reception on your iPhone 12 after the restart and see if the issue has been resolved.
Third Solution: Enable and Disable Airplane Mode on iPhone 12
This has been often neglected to be performed by a lot of people. However, the airplane mode plays an essential role in dealing with connectivity problems on the device. It helps in clearing glitches with the connections in a very easy, yet quick manner. As you might know, airplane mode will turn off all radio connections on the device that could help in removing those connection errors.
- Access Settings from the Home screen.
- Check Airplane mode. If toggle is currently turned on, tap on it to switch it off. If not, tap the toggle to turn it on.
- While the Airplane mode is enabled, perform a soft reset on your device.
- Wait for your phone to go back online after the reset then access Settings > Airplane mode. Tap the switch to disable the feature.
Just wait for the connections to be established and check if the Wi-Fi signal reception on your iPhone 12 has already improved.
Fourth Solution: Reset Network Settings on iPhone 12
One of the best ways to deal with connectivity-related problems is to remove those manually configured network settings and revert them to their default values and options. Performing a reset network settings procedure will also delete those saved WiFi networks on your iPhone 12, removing the possibility of conflicts that may have been causing the WiFi reception quality to be weak or poor. This process should not affect your personal files, so performing a backup is not necessary.
- Access Settings from the Home screen.
- Tap General.
- Scroll down to and then select Reset.
- Tap the Reset Network Settings option.
- Enter your device passcode once prompted.
- Then tap to confirm network settings reset.
Once the phone’s network details have been reverted to their default options, connect your iPhone 12 to the desired WiFi network and see if the signal reception is acceptable.
Fifth Solution: Perform a Recovery Mode Restore on iPhone 12
Your last resort to ensure that this is not a major software glitch is to fully redownload the iOS on your iPhone 12. It helps remove those stubborn glitches that may have been affecting the WiFi reception on the device.
To carry out this process, you’ll need to prepare a Mac or Windows computer with the latest iTunes installed. Also ensure that your computer runs on the latest operating system that is compatible with your iPhone 12. If all requirements are met, open iTunes and connect your device to the computer using the Apple-supplied USB/lightning cable. Then allow iTunes to sync with your iPhone and backup files, if possible. Once the backup is secured, follow these steps to put your iPhone 12 in recovery mode and then restore iOS in iTunes:
- Press and release the Volume Up button quickly.
- Press and release the Volume Down button quickly.
- Then press and hold the Power/Side button once prompted with Connect to iTunes screen. Do not release the button when the Apple logo appears as you will need to enter recovery mode state.
- Once you enter the recovery mode, you’ll see either Update or Restore option.
- Select Restore if you want to reinstall and download iOS on your device without erasing data.
Do not disconnect your phone and keep it connected until the entire restore process is finished. Your phone will exit recovery mode if the download takes more than 15 minutes. If that happens, just repeat the steps to enter recovery mode again.
Still Getting a Poor Wi-Fi Reception or Weak WiFi Signal on iPhone 12
If the problem is still occurring up to this point, what you can do is to make sure that your WiFi network is not congested. Poor WiFi reception is observed when there are a lot of users connected to one router/modem. One way to remove this possibility is to change the WiFi password.
After changing the password, connect your iPhone 12 to your WiFi network and observe it still encounters the same problem. If other phones are getting proper WiFi signals, contact Apple support and ask for further assistance. But if all other phones are getting weak or poor WiFi signal, contact your internet service provider for official recommendations on how to deal with the problem.
We also have our Youtube channel that you can visit anytime you want. Feel free to subscribe and please don’t forget to give our videos a thumbs up. Thank you.