In this troubleshooting guide, we will teach how to fix the Google Pixel 5 black screen of death issue that seems to be bugging some users. If it’s a hardware problem, you will have to get your phone checked, otherwise, you can fix it on your own without bringing the device to a shop. Continue reading to learn more about it.
When a smartphone like the Pixel 5 gets stuck on a black screen and would no longer respond, the problem can either be with the hardware, or just be a minor system crash. So as the owner of the phone, you have to try and troubleshoot it to know what the problem really is. If you have this problem, here’s what you should do:
First solution: Perform the Forced Restart
When it comes to fixing an issue like this, the forced restart is often enough to make your phone respond again. It’s because black screen issues are often due to a firmware crash. It’s a pretty minor problem but will make your device unresponsive, and if you don’t know what to do, you might think it’s a hardware problem. So to fix it, here’s what you need to do:
- Press and hold the Power key for 8 seconds. This will trigger your Pixel 5 to boot up.
- If the Google logo shows, release the Power key and wait until the boot process is completed.
Once you can make the logo show on the screen, it means that the problem is fixed as you’ve already made your device respond or power on.
However, if it is still stuck on the black screen, then move on to the next solution.
Second solution: Charge your phone and do the Forced Restart
It’s possible that the phone’s battery is completely drained that’s why it won’t turn on. However, there are times when the firmware crashes just before the phone shuts down, if you allow it to run out of juice. So if the first solution fails, here’s what you should do next:
- Plug the charger to a working wall outlet.
- Connect the phone to its charger using the original charging cable.
- Regardless of whether the charging sign shows or not, leave it connected to the charger for at least 10 minutes.
- After that, press and hold the Power key for 8 seconds or more.
- If the Google logo shows, then it means the problem is fixed and the problem might have been due to a drained battery coupled with a system crash.
However, if your Pixel 5 is still stuck on the black screen even after doing these procedures, then it’s time to bring it to a tech as the problem can be with the hardware.
And that’s what you need to do to fix the Google Pixel 5 black screen of death issue. We hope that this troubleshooting guide can help you one way or the other.
Please support us by subscribing to our YouTube channel. We need your support so that we can continue publishing helpful contents in the future. Thanks for reading.
- How To Fix It If Google Pixel 5 Keeps Lagging
- How To Fix It If Facebook Keeps Crashing on Google Pixel 4a
- How To Fix Google Pixel 4a Black Screen Of Death Issue (Android 11)