In this troubleshooting guide, we will show you how to fix a Google Pixel 5 that became so sluggish or slow. A problem like this can oftentimes be fixed by doing a couple of easy procedures. Continue reading to learn more about the problem and how to prevent it.
Firmware issues often affect the performance of your smartphone. There are several factors that come into play if your device starts to become slow or sluggish. But more often than not, such issues can be fixed easily as they’re not really that serious. So if you’re one of the owners of the Pixel 5 and noticed your device to have become so sluggish, just do a few troubleshooting procedures and you may be able to make it run smoothly again. Here’s what you should do about it:
First solution: Close app that are still running in the background
It’s possible that some of the apps are causing your phone to slow down, especially if they are left running in the background. So the first thing you have to do is to close all of them to release the RAM and CPU they’re using. Here’s how you do that:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and stop at the middle. This will show you the apps that are still running.
- Swipe up on each app to close them one after another.
After doing that, try to see if your Pixel 5 is now running smoothly now that you’ve closed all apps in the background.
Second solution: Force restart your Pixel 5
To follow up the first procedure, it’s better to refresh the memory of your phone because it’s also possible that the performance issue you’re currently experiencing, is caused by a minor system glitch. So try doing the forced restart as it also reloads all apps and services. Here’s how it’s done:
- Press and hold the Power key for 8 seconds. This will force your device to shut down and power back up.
- When the Google logo shows, release the power key and allow the device to continue the boot process.
After the restart, try to see if your Pixel 5 is now running smoothly.
Third solution: Make sure there’s enough storage left
It is also possible that such a problem occurs because your phone is running low on storage. As you know, apps and services create their respective caches when you use them. If your Pixel 5 is running low on storage space, it’s natural that it can’t work perfectly. So follow these steps to check the storage on your device:
- Launch the Settings app.
- Tap Storage to view how much is left on your phone.
If there’s only a few gigabytes left, try deleting some of your unused files or apps. Manage the storage properly until there’s enough space for other apps to run properly.
However, if you still have enough storage space left yet this problem still occurs, then try the next solution.
Fourth solution: Factory reset your phone
Your last resort is to reset your phone. A factory reset will fix any performance-related issues including this one. However, you have to make sure to create a backup of your important files and data before doing so, because they will be deleted during the process.
After the backup and once you’re ready, follow these steps to factory reset your Pixel 5:
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Tap System.
- Tap Advanced.
- Tap Reset options, and then tap Erase all data.
- Tap Erase all data at the bottom right corner of the screen. If needed, enter your PIN, pattern, or password.
- To erase all data from your phone’s internal storage, tap Erase all data.
- After the reset, set up your phone as a new device.
It should be running smoothly now that you’ve reset it.
And those are the things you have to do to fix your Pixel 5 that became so sluggish. We hope that this troubleshooting guide can help you one way or the other.
If we were able to help you with your problem, please consider supporting us by subscribing to our YouTube channel. We need your support so that we can continue publishing helpful contents. Thanks for reading!
- How To Fix A Google Pixel 5 That’s Running Slow
- How To Fix The Google Pixel 5 Black Screen Of Death Issue
- How To Fix It If Google Pixel 5 Keeps Lagging