Have you noticed your iPhone screen flickering or glitching randomly? Seeing strange flashing or flickering lines on your iPhone’s display can be jarring. But don’t worry – in most cases, a flickering iPhone screen can be fixed with a few easy troubleshooting steps.
In this guide, we’ll outline the main causes of an iPhone screen flickering and provide actionable solutions to stop the annoying glitching and get your iPhone display looking normal again.
Fix the iPhone Screen Flickering
Experiencing screen flickering on your iPhone can be a frustrating issue that disrupts your user experience. In this section, we provide a comprehensive troubleshooting guide to help you resolve the problem and eliminate screen flickering on your iPhone. By following these practical solutions, you can troubleshoot and fix the issue of a flickering screen, ensuring a smooth and visually stable display on your device.
Common Causes of iPhone Screen Flickering
Before jumping into the fixes, it helps to understand what’s causing the screen to flicker in the first place. Here are the most common culprits:
- Auto-Brightness Setting – The auto-brightness sensor can sometimes cause rapid brightness fluctuations that make the screen flicker.
- Software Bugs – Glitches in iOS or apps can alter screen settings to induce flickering.
- App Conflicts – Certain apps may interfere with screen settings and cause display issues.
- Hardware Damage – Physical damage to display components from drops or liquid can lead to screen flickering.
- Low Storage – Insufficient storage space can cause performance issues that manifest as screen glitching.
- Overheating – Excessive heat buildup in the iPhone can disrupt the proper functioning of the display.
Now, let’s look at the top fixes for an iPhone with a flickering, glitching screen.
7 Ways to Fix iPhone Screen Flickering
The auto-brightness sensor can sometimes cause erratic brightness adjustments that make the screen flicker. Turn this off in Settings > Accessibility > Display & Text Size>Disable Auto Brightness
Update iOS Software
Updating the latest iOS version can resolve system bugs that induce screen flickering. Check for updates in Settings.
Reset All Settings
Resetting all Settings > General > Reset settings can clear out any problematic customized settings causing glitching. This won’t erase data.
Force Restart iPhone
To perform a force restart on your iPhone, follow these steps: quickly press and release the Volume Up button, then promptly press and release the Volume Down button. After that, press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
By initiating this restart process on your iPhone, you can potentially resolve various issues that you may be encountering. It is worth trying this method as it has the potential to address and fix certain problems you may be facing with your device.
Delete Problem Apps
Determine if any particular third-party app triggers the flickering, then delete and reinstall that app. This clears any glitches.
Free Up Storage Space
Insufficient storage can cause performance issues that appear as screen glitches. Delete large unused apps, photos, videos, etc., to free up space.
Get a Screen Repair
For persistent flickering after trying the above, get your iPhone’s screen inspected at an Apple store for underlying hardware damage needing repair.
Extra Troubleshooting Tips
- Update all apps in case outdated apps are the problem.
- Disconnect any paired Bluetooth devices interfering with the display.
- Let the phone fully cool down if it feels hot, which can disrupt the screen.
- Try using your iPhone in a different lighting environment.
- Back up your data, then factory reset the iPhone if glitching persists.
When to Upgrade Your iPhone
On an older iPhone with an aging processor and minimal RAM, upgrading to a newer iPhone model may be the only permanent fix for constant screen flickering issues.
Don’t Despair if Your iPhone Screen Glitches.
While a flickering, flashing iPhone screen can certainly be annoying, stay calm and know there are fixes. Carefully follow the step-by-step troubleshooting guide outlined here to stop your iPhone from glitching out. With some patient debugging, you should be able to resolve those frustrating display issues.