Here are the quick steps to configure APN settings on a Galaxy smartphone: Access Settings from the Apps screen. Scroll to Network Connections, then tap More networks. Select Mobile networks and then tap Access Point Names. To reset your APN, tap the Menu icon and then tap Reset to default.
If your mobile data isn’t working or you purchased an unlocked Galaxy S8 that belonged to a different carrier, you might have to manually edit your APN (Access Point Name) settings to have access to mobile data. An APN is what allows you to access mobile internet with your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus.
Changing the APN information on your device can also help in resolving problems like Internet connection issues that may have been caused by outdated APN information.
How to Configure the APN Settings on your Galaxy S8
Here is how you can configure APN settings in your Galaxy S8:
- Go to Settings > Connections > Mobile networks.
- Tap on Access Point Names.
- At this page you can select with APN settings to use. Normally you would see your Carrier name as part of the list. If you don’t, then you can tap ADD in the top right to configure it manually.
- Enter the necessary info in the appropriate fields
Note: If you don’t have your network’s APN settings, you can check this page or a simple google search for your Carrier’s APN settings should yield the proper result (Example: Search google for “Virgin Mobile apn settings”).
- If you still can’t access mobile internet from your Samsung Galaxy S8, contact your network provider and see if you can confirm your APN settings with them, or have them reset your network connection.
As the phone’s software are changing from time to time, some options may also change under your Galaxy S8 menu. To check for the updated information, you may visit Samsung’s website.
We also offer other tutorials and troubleshooting guide on our Youtube channel. Feel free to visit it and don’t forget to subscribe and like the videos. Thank you.