Those who can’t send or receive picture messages on iPhone 6 should try checking if MMS messaging is enabled on their devices. To do so, open Settings from the home screen and go to Messages. Scroll down to and toggle MMS Messaging switch to turn it on if deactivated.
After activating the MMS messaging option, try to send a picture message to your own number and check if it works this time. If not, read further for other options.
The first thing to keep in mind when sending a picture message is that your Cellular Data needs to be on. If you have a data block setup with your provider or have your cellular data turned off, you won’t be able to send or receive MMS on your iPhone. Here are the steps to troubleshoot issues with MMS on your iPhone:
- Check if cellular data is enabled on your device. Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data and make sure it is ON.
- Go to Settings > Messages and make sure MMS messaging is turned on.
- If your cellular data is on and MMS still doesn’t work, perform a reset network settings. For a guide on how to reset your network settings, click here. Once the reset is done, make sure your cellular data is on and try again to send a picture message.
- If the issue persists, try deleting the conversation you have with the number you’re trying to text from iPhone, then try sending the picture.
- You can also perform a reset all settings. This will delete all customized options on your device but will not affect your personal files and data. To do so, follow these steps:
- Access Settings from the Home screen.
- Tap General.
- Scroll down to and then select Reset.
- Tap the Reset All Settings option.
- Enter your device passcode once prompted.
- Then tap to confirm all settings reset.
- If none of the steps above resolved the issue, you can try performing a backup and restore.
Should you need further assistance, don’t hesitate to contact Apple Support. They might be able to provide you with additional information and official recommendation on how to fix can’t send or receive picture messages on iPhone 6.
For other troubleshooting guides and tutorial videos, feel free to visit our Youtube channel anytime. Just don’t forget to like the videos and subscribe to it. Thank you.