Regular texting does not use data. In the event that you can’t send or receive messages without internet on your iPhone device, we have mapped out potential solutions that you can try to fix the issue in no time. Read further to learn.
Can’t Send or Receive Messages Without Internet on iPhone: Does Texting Use Data
- Messages coming in only when connected to WiFi.
- All messages are received on iPhone once connected to WiFi or Data.
- Not receiving messages to iPhone on time.
- Messages being received with a delay.
- Messaging only working when connected to internet.
- Can’t send or receive texts without internet connection, does texting use data.
If you’re experiencing the issue with your messages only working when you have an internet connection on your iPhone, then this problem is due to iMessage. If you don’t have a mobile data plan or turn your cellular data off occasionally, you might be receiving your messages only when connected to the internet.
- If you don’t have a data plan, or turn your data off occasionally, then it is recommended to turn off iMessage altogether and use regular text messaging instead. To do this, go to Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage off.
- If you prefer to use iMessage, then you can perform the following steps to fix the issue:
- Connect to the internet using WiFi or Data.
- Go to Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage OFF.
- Turn your iPhone off completely, then turn it back on.
- Go back into Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage ON.
- Make sure “Send as SMS” is also turned ON.
If you’re still having trouble, you can contact your network service provider or Apple Support. They can provide you with more information as well as official recommendations for the issue. You can also leave us a comment below and we’ll try to help!
I hope that this how-to post has helped you one way or another. Please help us spread the word by sharing this post to your friends or people who may also have similar problems.
Connect With Us
We aimed to help our readers fix issues with their phones as well as to know how to properly use them. If you are experiencing other issues, please visit our Help Guide page. We have published articles that contain solutions to common issues. We also have a YouTube channel that has video tutorials and troubleshooting content for smartphones. Click this link and don’t forget to subscribe. Thank you for reading!
Posts you might like