New to Android and need some aid in getting started with the Galaxy S20 camera? If that is so, then this post is for you. Here’s a quick guide on how to take a picture and record video on Galaxy S20.
Even the basic camera features of the new Samsung Galaxy S20 can make ordinary photos and videos can become similar to that taken by pros. If you’re new to the Android platform with the Galaxy S20 as the first Android device, making the most of the phone’s camera must be among the first things to accomplish. In case you need some input on how to get started, I’ve laid out a step-by-step guide that should serve as reference. Read on to learn how to take a picture and record video on Galaxy S20 with this easy tutorial.
Steps to take a picture and record video on Samsung Galaxy S20
Time Needed : 5 minutes
Learning these camera essentials will pave a way for you to take your Galaxy S20 photos and videos to the next level. For better comprehension, I’ve also included individual screenshots for you to refer to in case you’re having trouble navigating through the menu and sub-items.
- To get started, tap the Camera icon from the Home screen.
Doing so will launch the Camera app. Alternatively, you can access the Camera from the Lock screen by dragging the Camera icon up toward the top of the display.
- Next, focus on the subject that you'd like to take a picture of then tap the Shutter icon when ready to capture.
You can switch between portrait and landscape orientations to meet your preferred output.
- To record a video, tap to select Video from the given options.
A video screen containing essential controls with the scene to record will then be displayed.
- Make necessary adjustments to the subject then tap the Record icon whenever you're all set to start recording.
The Record icon is located beneath the Video icon at the bottom center of the screen.
- Then tap the Stop icon when you're done recording the video clip.
This will stop the recording and save the clip to the designated folder. Continue to the next steps to take a picture while recording a video on your Samsung Galaxy S20.
- From the Camera app, tap to select the Video icon beneath the subject area of the same screen.
This will launch the video screen with the essential controls.
- Focus on the subject then tap the Record icon.
The phone will then start recording the video.
- While recording, tap the Camera icon on the left side of the screen (with the phone in portrait orientation).
Doing so will let you take a picture while recording the video.
- Then tap the Stop icon when you're finished recording the video.
The recording will then end and the photos are saved in the Gallery app along with the video.
- Android 10, One UI 2.0
- Galaxy S20
And that’s how you take a picture and record video on Galaxy S20 handset. Please keep posted for more comprehensive guides, tips, and tricks on how to make the most of your Samsung Galaxy S20 and other new Galaxy devices.
Also visit our YouTube Channel to view more smartphone video tutorials and troubleshooting guides.