Poor signal reception or interference may cause No Service or emergency calls only on Moto X. If you are located in a secluded area, try to move around and check if your device can get a network reception. If it doesn’t, follow the recommendations provided below.
If you are getting no service on your Moto X, no network signal bars or emergency calls only, follow these steps:
- Clear cache on your Moto X. Go into Settings > Storage and tap on Cached Data and select ok to clear data.
- Change your preferred network to refresh connection.
- Go into Settings > More > Cellular Networks > Preferred network type.
- Select “2G” as your preferred network mode.
- Turn your Moto G off completely, wait 10 seconds and then turn it back on again.
- Go back into Preferred Network type as shown above and switch it to 3G.
- Then select Network Operators > Search Networks.
- Select your Carrier and you should connect successfully.
Reset network settings to clear invalid network configurations and revert all network details to the default. Here are the steps:
Access the apps screen and go to Settings > System.
Select Reset Options.
Tap on Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth.
Tap Reset Settings. Enter the PIN, password or pattern if prompted.
To confirm, tap Reset Settings again.
- If none of the presented solution is able to fix the problem, contact your network provider for additional information on how to resolve the no service or emergency calls only on Moto X.
You can also try inserting your SIM card to a different device. If it is able to get signal or service, that means your Moto X has a problem. Bring your phone to the nearest service center and have it checked by an authorized technician.
We also have our Youtube channel for tutorials and troubleshooting videos. Feel free to visit it anytime and don’t forget to subscribe and like the videos. Thank you.