Performing a reset network settings may fix no mobile data or internet on an HTC Desire smartphone. This process will remove any invalid configurations on your network settings. If that is the culprit on why you can’t get an internet connection on your phone using cellular data, then the issue should be resolved right away.
If we have been using our phone for quite some time, glitches and errors will actually show up. This can be due to certain factors. Network-related connectivity errors such as a not working mobile data can be minor and should be fixed easily.
Provided below are some common troubleshooting procedures that are meant to deal with no mobile data or internet on HTC Desire phone. Feel free to follow them and fix the problem on your device.
Here are a couple things you can try to fix this issue:
- Power off your device completely, then power it back on.
- Make sure you have a network connection (if you have No Service click here).
- Reset network settings on your HTC Desire phone. From the Home screen, go to Settings and select Backup & reset. Tap Network settings reset. Select Reset settings twice to confirm your action.
- Go to Settings > More > Data Usage and make sure Mobile data is checked and there is no data limit blocking you.
- Go to Settings > More > Mobile networks > Access point names and make sure you have your Carrier selected in your APN list.
If your Carrier’s APN is missing you must create one by tapping on the three dots
- If you are still not getting any internet from your data connection even though you have service, have your data on and have your apn configured, contact your network provider as it could be blocked on the network end.
You can visit our Youtube channel for tutorials and troubleshooting videos. Feel free to give our videos a thumbs and subscribe to our channel. Thank you.