You may initiate a backup and restore process by accessing Settings from the Apps screen. Select Accounts and backup >Backup & restore. Tap the Back up my data slider on to back up any account data, Wi-Fi passwords, and other settings to Google servers. More details are provided below.
If you are having issues with your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 smartphone, a good thing to try is a full backup and restore of the device as it will reset all the software on your phone. By doing a backup, your data will be kept in a safe place and then you can easily restore it back to your phone later.
Be reminded that you will need a computer for this procedure.
First you will need to install Samsung Smart Switch from the following link:
Samsung Smart Switch
Backing up your Data:
- Connect your Samsung device using your USB cable.
- On the Smart Switch screen, click on MORE.
- Click Preferences, then select the Backup items tab.
- Select the content that you would like to save from your device then click OK.
- Click Backup on the Smart Switch screen. It can take up to several minutes to complete.
- Click Confirm once backup is completed.
Restoring your Data:
- Once the device appears in Smart Switch, click Restore.
- Smart Switch will automatically restore the most recent backup. Click Restore Now.
Note: Click Change data to restore if you would like to restore a different backup.
- Once the Restore is complete, unplug your Samsung device.
Your device is now successfully restored.
If you want to explore more options about your Samsung devices, feel free to visit Samsung support website.
We also have our Youtube channel where you can watch videos for tutorials and troubleshooting guides. Visit it anytime and don’t forget to like the videos and subscribe to our channel. Thank you.
Related Post: Samsung Galaxy: How to Configure your APN Settings