Whenever you can’t connect to WiFi or WiFi keeps disconnecting on your Nexus device, check your phone settings. Make sure that WiFi is on and Airplane Mode is off. Then restart your smartphone. Want to know how these things are done? Read on.
If you’re having trouble with your WiFi connection on your Nexus smartphone, it could either be your smartphone or the internet connection that is at fault. If all other devices are working properly except your Nexus device, then here are some steps you can try to fix the issue:
- Go to Apps > Settings > WiFi, and make sure that this feature is enabled. If it is enabled and your phone still can’t connect, do the next step.
- If your WiFi connection is saved in your Nexus, then “forget” the WiFi connection.
- Go to Settings > WiFi and turn off your WiFi.
- Turn off your Nexus , Wait 10 seconds and turn it back On
- Connect to your WiFi network.
- If the above trick didn’t fix the problem, turn the Airplane Mode on and off again. Toggle the Airplane Mode on from the notification bar and turn it off again after 30 seconds.
- If you’re still unable to connect, try this:
- Unplug your internet modem from its power adapter located usually behind it.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Plug your internet modem back to its power adapter.
- Wait 5 minutes for the modem to boot completely.
- Try reconnecting with your Nexus.
- If your Nexus still can’t connect to WiFi and is the only device experiencing this issue, make sure it is up to date in Settings > About Phone > Software updates
- If your Nexus is up-to-date, it might be a hardware issue. Test it using other WiFi connections to determine if the problem is with a specific internet connection, or with the Nexus itself.
The solutions mapped out above should be applicable to various Nexus models such as Nexus 4, Nexus 5 or Nexus 6 that are having WiFi issues.
If none of the given solutions corrected the WiFi problem on your device, contact your phone manufacturer or call your internet service provider for further assistance and recommendations.
Connect With Us
Looking for more tutorial videos and troubleshooting guides for smartphones? Feel free to visit our Help Guide page as we have published articles that contain solutions to regular issues. We also posted video tutorials on our YouTube Channel. Click this link and don’t forget to subscribe. Thank you for reading!