When having WiFi issues on the HTC Desire, the problem might be with the internet modem or the phone itself. If the rest of the WiFi-enabled devices can access WiFi internet without having any issues, then troubleshoot your smartphone using the troubleshooting guide below. Read on.
Fix WiFi Issues on the HTC Desire
- Can’t connect to WiFi on HTC Desire.
- WiFi not working on HTC Desire smartphone.
- WiFi connected but internet not working.
- WiFi connection disconnecting on HTC Desire.
If you’re having trouble with your WiFi connection on your HTC Desire, it could either be your smartphone or the internet connection. If all other devices are working properly except your HTC, then here are some steps you can try to fix the issue:
- Go to Settings > WiFi and tap on your WiFi connection the tap Disconnect.
- Turn off your HTC Desire , Wait 10 seconds and turn it back ON.
- Go back into Settings > WiFi and connect to your WiFi network.
- If you’re still unable to connect, try this:
- Unplug your internet modem from its power adapter located usually behind it.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Plug your internet modem back to its power adapter.
- Wait 5 minutes for the modem to boot completely.
- Try reconnecting with your HTC Desire.
- If your HTC Desire still has issues and is the only device experiencing this issue, make sure it is up to date in Settings > About > Software updates .
- If your HTC Desire is up-to-date, it might be a hardware issue. Test it using other WiFi connections to determine if the problem is with a specific internet connection, or with the HTC Desire.
If the problem persists up to this point, you can contact your internet service provider. They can provide you with more information as well as official recommendations for the issue.
Posts you might like
Connect With Us
We aimed to help our readers fix issues with their phones as well as to know how to properly use them. If you are experiencing other issues, please visit our Help Guide page. We have published articles that contain solutions to common issues. We also have a YouTube channel that has video tutorials and troubleshooting content for smartphones. Click this link and don’t forget to subscribe. Thank you for reading!