What is Voicemail and its relevance
Been wanting to know how to delete voicemail messages on your iOS device? Read on.
Voicemail is one of the many important features we have in our iOS device. Because of the advent of today’s technology, communication for both parties are made clever and fashionable at the same time. When the end-user is out and is unavailable to answer calls in real time, she can set-up a voice recording message (customized or automated) relaying to the caller that she is currently unavailable to answer or attend the call. Then ask the caller to leave a message—and that’s where Voicemail comes into the picture.
The advantage of having the voicemail on your iOS device is that you will be given an option to get a detailed voicemail message or also known as Visual Voicemail wherein aside from hearing the message, you also have the option to receive the message through text. That is if Visual Voicemail is supported by your service network provider. Another thing is that you can save the voicemails and read them at a later time without losing the messages, unless you have manually have them deleted. The feature is also password protected and therefore any unauthorized user will not be able to access your voicemails. Voicemail can also be utilized anytime of the day, anywhere. Thus, callers can leave long messages to voicemail.
Posts you might like
If your phone is already overwhelmed with voicemail messages and you no longer need these messages as you’ve already heard all or some of them, then you can get rid of these messages by deleting them from your Voicemail inbox. Read further.
Steps to delete Voicemail messages on your iPhone 11.
Voicemail messages that are no longer needed or have already been read can take your voicemail inbox space leaving your phone not enough space to receive new voicemail messages. If this happens, you might be having trouble receiving voicemails or caller won’t be able to leave a message. To avoid these instances to occur, it is ideal to delete the voicemail messages to free-up your voicemail inbox. Here is how:
- From the Home screen, tap the Phone app or the phone icon on the lower-left corner of the screen.
- Tap the Voicemail button or icon located on the lower-right hand corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to navigate through the Voicemail messages.
- Then tap to select the messages that you wanted to delete or remove. Then you’ll be prompted with options Speaker, Call Back, and Delete. Select Delete to remove the selected message.
This option though may take too long to delete several voicemail messages on your phone. Thus, deleting multiple voicemail at once should be more ideal to do. Check out the information below.
How to delete multiple voicemail messages at once on your iPhone 11
Deleting your voicemail messages one at a time can be tedious and tiring at the same time. With iPhone 11, you now have the option to delete the messages simultaneously. Here is how you do it.
- While you’re on the Voicemail screen, tap Edit located at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Tap to select the voicemail messages you wish to be removed or deleted.
- A blue check mark should be visible before the voicemail, implying that the message has been selected.
- Then tap Delete on the lower right-hand corner of the screen to confirm the deletion of the selected messages.
If you think these voicemail messages have already been deleted from your iOS device, you are wrong. Those messages were only hidden from the voicemail inbox. Just like deleting something on your desktop or laptop wherein deleted files will be transferred to recycle bin, iPhone’s voicemail messages aren’t totally deleted unless you have them cleared. If you won’t clear up these messages manually, your company will store these messages under your account in their server and are subject to be removed after 30 days. But as mentioned, you can manually remove the messages without waiting for 30 days. Read on to learn how to permanently delete or remove voicemails.
How to permanently delete or remove voicemails on iPhone 11
Deleted voicemail messages can still be visible on your voicemail inbox under Deleted Messages and can still be retrieved when necessary. But if you don’t want to see these deleted messages at all, them you can permanently have them deleted by following these steps:
- From the Home screen, tap the Phone icon.
- Then select the Voicemail icon on the lower right corner of the screen.
- Since you’ve already deleted the voicemails, you’ll now see the Deleted menu.
- Tap Clear All option on the top right corner to remove the Deleted messages and permanently delete the deleted voicemails.
All selected voicemails that had been deleted will now be permanently removed from your phone’s memory.
We hope we are able to help you delete the voicemails on your iPhone 11. If you find this article helpful, feel free to share the good new to your friends, families, and/or acquaintances who might also need this tutorial. Thank you for reading!