You might be experiencing a sudden issue on your Moto G’s google search bar not working. That means whenever you try searching, it will not return any results and it could also be unresponsive. To deal with this problem, I have mapped out some simple fixes below that should help you with Google not working.
If your Google Search bar isn’t working on your Moto G, then this is most likely due to a software issue. There are times that your phone will experience software glitches as you use it over an extended period.
Network-related connectivity problems can also trigger relevant symptoms to occur. Follow the steps below to get your Google Search bar working again on your Moto G:
- Try turning your Moto G completely off, waiting 10 seconds and turning back on .
- If that didn’t fix it, the next step is to “Clear the Cache” of the Google App.
- Go to Settings > Apps.
- Swipe right until you land on the “All” tab and look for the Google App.
- You will see the window below.
- Tap on Force Stop.
- Tap on Clear Cache.
- Tap on Manage Space and select the bottom option “Clear all Data”.
- Restart your Moto G and the Google Search widget will work again.
- If the above step did not work for you, the next step is to factory reset your Moto G smartphoneFor a step-by-step guide on how to backup and restore your Moto G click here.
If none the above steps worked for you, then it might be time to contact Moto G support as they can give you additional information and official recommendations on how to fix the Google not working problem.
If you want to explore other troubleshooting guides and tutorial videos, don’t hesitate to visit our Youtube channel. Just don’t forget to subscribe to it and like the videos. Thank you.