In this troubleshooting guide, we will guide you in fixing the Google Pixel 4a screen flickering issue that started to bug some users after the Android 11 update. A flickering can be a sign of either a firmware-related issue or a hardware problem. Read on to learn more.
Screen flickering issues can be a sign of a hardware problem affecting the display panel. However, there are times when it can only be a minor issue caused by your apps or the firmware itself. You have to troubleshoot your phone to know the cause and fix the problem. Here’s what you need to do:
First solution: Close all apps running in the background
There are times when apps will cause the screen to flicker, especially the CPU-intensive game applications. When left running in the background, they still use your phone’s CPU and RAM, and they continue to create cache files taking up storage. So the first thing you have to do is close them all and see if the problem is fixed. Here’s how:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and stop at the middle. This will display all apps that are left running in the background.
- Swipe up on each up to close them.
After closing the apps, try to see if the screen flickering is gone.
Second solution: Force restart your Pixel
If the screen still flickers after doing the first solution, then what you have to do next is refresh the memory of your phone. You can do so by doing the Forced Restart, which also reloads all applications and services. Here’s how you do it:
- Press and hold the Power key for 8 seconds. This will trigger your Pixel 5 to shut down and power back up.
- Once the Google logo shows, release the Power key and wait until the reboot is finished.
After the reboot, try to see if your Pixel 4a is still having the screen flickering issue.
Third solution: Factory reset your phone
After doing the first two solutions and your Pixel phone still has the screen flickering issue, the next thing you have to do is the factory reset. If the flickering is just due to a firmware-related problem, then a reset will be able to fix it. However, make sure to back up your important files and data as they will be deleted. When ready, follow these step:
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Tap System.
- Tap Advanced.
- Tap Reset options, and then tap Erase all data.
- Tap Erase all data at the bottom right corner of the screen. If needed, enter your PIN, pattern, or password.
- To erase all data from your phone’s internal storage, tap Erase all data.
After the reset, set up your phone as a new device and see if the flickering is gone. If it still occurs, then have your Pixel 4a checked as it can be an issue with the display panel.
And that’s how you fix the Pixel 4a screen flickering issue. We hope that this simple troubleshooting guide has been helpful.
Please support us by subscribing to our YouTube channel. We need your support so that we can continue creating helpful contents in the future. Thanks for reading!