Some users have been complaining because Zoom crashes immediately when opened on their iPhones. Others reported that the problem seems to occur just when they’re about to join or create a meeting or video conference. The app reportedly closes by itself without warning but there are also times when the device freezes for a couple of seconds before the app crashes.
App crashes are often not serious. In fact, you may only need to do one or a couple of procedures to make Zoom work perfectly again. That’s what I’m going to share with you in this post. So if you’re one of the users bugged by this problem, continue reading as you may find this content helpful.
Zoom Crashes When Opened On iPhone
Time Needed : 8 minutes
For this problem, you only need a couple of procedures because we’re dealing with a third-party application. Here’s what you need to do:
- Perform the Forced Restart
You need to refresh your phone’s memory first by doing the forced restart. It will also reload all apps and services.
So if zoom crashed due to a minor glitch, a forced restart may be the only thing you need to do. Here’s how it’s done:
1. Quickly press and release the volume up, then do the same to the volume down.
2. Immediately after releasing the volume down button, press and hold the side key for 10 seconds. This will trigger the iPhone to shut down and power back on.
3. When the Apple logo shows, release the side key and wait until the device finishes the reboot.
After the reboot, open Zoom and see if it still crashes.
- Uninstall Zoom and reinstall it
After doing the first solution and zoom still crashes immediately once opened, then you have no other choice but to remove it completely from your iPhone by uninstalling it. After that, download a fresh copy from the App Store to make sure you’re using the latest version. Here’s how:
1. Go to the screen where the zoom app can be found.
2. Tap and hold on its icon until options show.
3. Tap Delete app.
4. Now confirm you want to remove it by tapping Delete.
5. Once the app is successfully removed, go back to the Home screen and launch the App Store.
6. Search for zoom and tap the Install icon next to Zoom cloud meetings.
7. Wait for the installation to finish.
8. Tap Open to launch the app, and sign in to your account.
App crashes can be fixed by any of these solutions, however, if for some reason the app continues to crash even after doing both, then the problem can already be with the firmware. And for that, you need to reset your iPhone. So, take a little time creating a backup of your important files and follow these steps to reset your device:
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Find and tap General.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen, and then touch Reset.
- Tap Erase All Contents and Settings.
- Tap Erase Now.
- If prompted, enter your security lock.
- Tap Erase iPhone at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Erase iPhone again to proceed with the reset.
- Enter your Apple ID password, and then touch Erase to proceed with the reset.
After the reset, set up your iPhone as a new device and that should do it.
I hope that this troubleshooting guide has been helpful.
Please support us by subscribing to our Youtube channel. Thanks for reading!
Posts you might like