While others are enjoying the amazing features that the iOS 13.2 offers, many are also disappointed because of the post-update errors they’re experiencing on their phones after installing the recent software update. YouTube reportedly can’t play videos after the iOS 13.2 update and it has become one among the common issues that users have reported, at least, to us.
If you’re one of the users that often stream videos through Youtube, then you will surely find this issue very annoying. Some of our readers reported that what makes this problem really pesky is the fact that it happens intermittently. Mean, they may be able to use Youtube properly but after a few moments, the problem would occur again. If you’re one of the iPhone 11 owners that’s bugged by this issue, continue reading as we may be able to help you.
Fixing iPhone 11 with Youtube that can’t play videos after iOS 13.2
In this post, we will try to look into all possibilities and then rule them out one after another until we can figure out what the problem really is and what needs to be done to fix it. With that said, here’s what you need to do to fix Youtube app that can’t play videos.
First solution: Make sure you have an Internet connection
To be able to stream Youtube videos, you must have a good and stable internet connection. Try refreshing your phone’s connection by disabling WiFi for a moment and re-enabling it back. If this is just due to an Internet connectivity issue, then you should be able to stream videos after doing this procedure. Here’s how you do it:
- Launch Settings from the Home screen.
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- Now touch the Wi-Fi switch to disable it.
- After a few seconds, touch the switch again to enable it back.
- Browse some sites to see if you have an internet connection.
After disabling and reenabling WiFi on your iPhone 11 and Youtube still can’t play videos, then move on to the next solution.
Second solution: Close Youtube that can’t play videos and reopen it
Most of the time, app crashes are minor app issues. They occur every now and then but they’re not necessarily hard to fix. In fact, closing the app in question and re-opening it might fix the issue. So here’s what you need to do:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and stop at the middle. This will show you the app previews.
- Now, swipe up on the Youtube preview to close it. Do the same to other apps.
- Once you’re closed all other apps that run in the background, quickly press and release the volume up button and then the volume down button.
- Once you release the volume down button, press and hold the power key until the Apple logo shows.
When your iPhone 11 has finished rebooting, launch Youtube to see if it still can’t play videos. If the problem persists, then move on to the next solution.
Third solution: Uninstall Youtube and reinstall it
Another effective solution to this problem is uninstalling the app in question. Doing so will remove all its associations with the firmware and other apps. After that, reinstall the app to make sure you have the latest version. Here’s how you do those things:
- Go to the screen where the Youtube icon is located.
- tap and hold on its icon until options show.
- Touch Delete app to uninstall it.
- Tap Delete to confirm the deletion of the app.
- Go back to the home screen.
- Launch the App store.
- Search for Youtube, and then tap the Install icon.
- Wait for the app to be successfully installed on your iPhone.
- When the installation is finished, tap Open to launch it.
Most of the time, these are the only things you need to do to fix any app-related issues, most especially if the app in question is a third-party application. However, if for some reason Youtube still can’t play videos after this, then try the next solution.
Fourth solution: Factory reset your iPhone
A reset will be able to fix this problem since it primarily concerns a third-party application. But even if the issue is caused by a firmware problem that affected Youtube, a reset would still be enough to fix it. But before you actually do that, make sure to create a backup of your important files and data because they will be deleted and you may not be able to retrieve them. When ready, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Find and tap General.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen, and then touch Reset.
- Tap Erase All Contents and Settings.
- Tap Erase Now.
- If prompted, enter your security lock.
- Tap Erase iPhone at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Erase iPhone again to proceed.
- Now enter your Apple ID password, and then tap Erase to proceed with the reset.
- Wait until your iPhone has finished the reset, and then set it up as a new device.
Once you’ve successfully set your iPhone 11 up, don’t restore any data yet before you’ve tested that Youtube is now working properly. You may also have it checked at the Genius Bar if Youtube still can’t play videos even after doing all of this.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix the problem one way or another. Thanks for reading.