Some owners of the Apple iPhone XS have been complaining about some Bluetooth issues saying their new iPhones can no longer pair or connect with other Bluetooth devices. When it comes to Bluetooth pairing errors, there’s always a chance that this is a compatibility issue. You have to do some basic troubleshooting as you may be able to fix it without any help from a technician.
In this post, I will guide you in troubleshooting your new iPhone XS that can no longer pair and/or connect with other Bluetooth devices. We will try to determine what the problem is by ruling out one possibility after another. So, if you’re one of the owners of this device and are currently being bugged by a similar issue, continue reading as this article may be able to help you one way or another.
However, if you are looking for a solution to a different problem, then visit our iPhone XS Help Guides page for we have already addressed and solved some of the most common issues with this device. We may have already posted articles that could help you fix your problem so take time browsing through and page and look for similar issues.
Troubleshooting Bluetooth pairing errors on an iPhone
Going back to our troubleshooting, here are the things you need to do if your iPhone XS cannot pair with Bluetooth devices…
- Restart Bluetooth devices.
- Force restart iPhone XS.
- Delete Bluetooth connections.
- Reset Network Settings.
- Factory Reset your iPhone XS.
First off, try to see if the Bluetooth device you’re having issues pairing with your iPhone XS can pair and connect properly with other devices because if it can’t, then the device itself might be defective. If it can, however, pair with other devices, then turn it off and back on and then disable and enable pairing mode to refresh connection and to make it visible to your iPhone.
The next things you have to do if the problem isn’t fixed by doing the first procedure is to force restart your iPhone XS which will refresh your device’s memory and reload all apps and services. This will also refresh the connection between your phone and the Bluetooth device. Don’t worry, it doesn’t delete anything from your device and here’s how it’s done:
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up key.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down key.
- Press and hold the Side/Power key until you see the Apple logo.
Now, we’ll have to go after the connections your device has established. Delete all Bluetooth connections and then pair it with your Bluetooth device again and see if it works this time. Here’s how it’s done:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap Bluetooth.
- Then tap on the blue i (information icon) next to the Bluetooth device.
- Then tap the option to Forget This Device.
If the problem continues after doing this procedure, then reset all network settings of your device. Most of the time such method will fix any network-related issues so it’s worth a try.
- From the Home screen, tap Settings > General > Reset.
- Tap Reset Network Settings
- Type in the device password if prompted.
- Confirm selection.
Lastly, if the issue isn’t fixed and that you’re still enduring the same Bluetooth pairing error on your iPhone, then a factory reset is necessary to rule out the possibility that it’s just an issue with the firmware. Make sure to backup all important files and data by syncing your device with iTunes. Follow these steps to reset your iPhone XS:
- Tap to open the Settings app.
- Tap General.
- Tap Reset.
- Select the option to Reset All Content and Settings.
- If prompted, enter your device passcode to proceed.
- Then tap the option to confirm system reset.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix the Bluetooth problem with your device. We would appreciate it if you helped us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful. Thank you so much for reading!
- How to fix an Apple iPhone XS that suddenly keeps restarting by itself, unexpected reboot problem
- How to fix an Apple iPhone XS battery that is draining so quickly after updating to iOS version 12.1 [Help Guide]
- How to fix Apple iPhone XS touchscreen that keeps freezing, not responding after installing iOS update
- How to fix Personal Hotspot that is not working on your Apple iPhone XS [Help Guide]