This post will show you some simple procedures on how to deal with voicemail button not working on iPhone X. If you are one of the affected users, feel free to read further and find out how to fix the issue.
If tapping your voicemail button on your iPhone X does nothing, this issue is usually caused by your voicemail number not being programmed correctly into your iPhone. This can happen after purchasing a new iPhone or performing a factory reset.
Once you have an active working network connection, follow the steps below to fix the issue. The first thing you want to try is see if it’ll resolve itself with a simple network settings reset:
- To reset your network settings follow these steps (Note: This will erase saved WiFi passwords on your device, so remember to reconnect to WiFi after this step)
- Go to Settings > General and then tap on Reset.
- Select Reset Network Settings . You will then see the Apple logo and your phone will restart and try to reconnect to the network.
If your voicemail button still isn’t working after a network settings reset, you’re going to have to program it manually. Here’s how you can do this:
- First, you will have to contact your service provider and request to get your voicemail number (Note: It’s not the same as your phone number!).
- Once you have the voicemail number and are ready to program it into your iPhone, open your dialpad as if you were to place an outgoing call and enter:*5005*86*VOICEMAIL# then hit Call/SendNote: Replace VOICEMAIL with the voicemail number provided. Example: *5005*86*15871234567#.
- After hitting Send/Call, the iPhone screen will flash but nothing will happen. This means that you’ve entered the code successfully. You can now test your voicemail button to see if it’s working.
- If it doesn’t work on the first try, make sure you’re entering the correct voicemail number and try again. You must sometimes include the country code (Example: +1 for US) without the + sign. If you’re having trouble contact your provider as they should be able to provide you with the voicemail number to enter into your iPhone.
As an alternate solution if you couldn’t resolve the issue, you can try dialing your own number and see if it takes you to your voicemail.
If none of the provided solutions is able to fix the voice button not working on iPhone X, contact your carrier provider and ask if there is an ongoing server maintenance that may have been affecting the voicemail feature on your phone.
If you have confirmed that there is no issue on their end, coordinate this problem with Apple support as they might be able to provide you with additional information on how to fix the voicemail not working on your iPhone X.
You can also visit our Youtube channel should you need further help with other stuff. It features tutorial and troubleshooting videos. Just don’t forget to like the videos and subscribe to our channel. Thank you.