To fix voice-to-text not working issue on your iPhone 6, check your phone’s settings and make sure that Enable Dictation is enabled. For a detailed information about the troubleshooting procedures you can utilize to fix the voice command problem on your iOS, scroll down and read this post.
Troubleshooting Voice-to-text Not Working Issue on iPhone 6
Can’t use the voice command to text someone. How to activate voice to text on iPhone 6. Microphone button greyed out for text messaging. Can’t activate the microphone to use voice to text on iPhone 6 or 6 plus.
If you can’t activate your microphone to use the voice to text function on your iPhone 6 or 6 plus, here’s what you can do to fix the issue:
- Go to Settings > General > Siri and turn Siri OFF.
- Then Soft Reset your device by holding down the Power button and the Home button together until the apple logo appears, then wait for the iPhone to restart (no data will be lost).
- Once your iPhone is back on, go back into Settings > General > Siri and turn it back ON.
- Settings > General > Restrictions and make sure Siri is ON.
- Go to Settings > General > Keyboards > Enable Dictation and make sure it’s ON.
- Test your Voice-to-text feature as it should be working now.
- If issue persists go to Settings > General> Software Updates and make sure your iPhone is running the latest iOS version.
If the problem still persists up to this point, you can contact Apple Support for further assistance and recommendations.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix the voice-to-text not working issue on your iPhone 6 device. We would appreciate it if you help us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful.
Connect With Us
We are committed to helping our readers fix the problems with their phones as well as learn how to properly use their devices. If you have other issues, you may visit our Help Guide page so you can check by yourself the articles we’ve already published that contain solutions to common problems. Also, we do create videos to demonstrate how things are done on your phone. Visit our YouTube Channel and please subscribe to it. Thanks.