When a popular app like Spotify closes on a premium device like the iPhone 11, it is almost always certain that the issue is only with the app. It’s actually pretty easy to fix a problem like this, especially if you’re dealing with a third party application. It’s because if all else fails, you can just get rid of the app from your iPhone and the problem will also be gone together with the app.
But of course, we know that Spotify can be very important to you. I for myself need this app for my daily dose of music. So, in this post, we will troubleshoot your iPhone and the app until we can make everything work properly. Don’t worry, this is not a serious issue with your iPhone, it’s just a minor hiccup with the app. Read on to learn more!
What to do if Spotify closes by itself on iPhone 11 with iOS 13.2
In this post, we will try to consider every possibility and rule them out until we can figure out the reason why Spotify closes by itself. Here’s what you need to do about it…
First solution: Close Spotify and reopen it
Most of the time, app crashes are minor app issues. They occur every now and then but they’re not necessarily hard to fix. In fact, closing the app in question and re-opening it might fix the issue. So here’s what you need to do:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and stop at the middle. This will show you the app previews.
- Now, swipe up on the Spotify preview to close it. Do the same to other apps.
Once your iPhone 11 has successfully rebooted, launch the app and see if Spotify closes by itself even after this.
Second solution: Force restart your iPhone 11
The first solution is very important as it refreshes the app and all its services but since the problem has not been fixed and Spotify closes frequently even after the restart, then it’s time to refresh your iPhone’s memory by doing the forced restart…
- Quickly press and release the Volume Up button, and then the Volume Down button.
- The moment you release the volume down button, press and hold the Side or Power key for 15 seconds or until the Apple logo shows on the screen.
Once your iPhone 11 has finished rebooting, open the app and see if it still keeps closing.
Third solution: Uninstall Spotify and reinstall it
Another effective solution to this problem is uninstalling the app in question. Doing so will remove all its associations with the firmware and other apps. After that, reinstall the app to make sure you have the latest version. Here’s how you do those things:
- Go to the screen where the Spotify icon is located.
- tap and hold on its icon until the icons start jiggling. Do not release your hold even if options show halfway through.
- Tap the X on the Spotify icon.
- Tap Delete to confirm the deletion of the app.
- Once the app is successfully uninstalled, tap Done.
- Go back to the home screen.
- Launch the App store.
- Search for Spotify, and then tap the Install icon.
- Wait for the app to be successfully installed on your iPhone.
- When the installation is finished, tap Open to launch it.
Most of the time, these are the only things you need to do to fix an app that keeps on crashing. However, if for some reason Spotify closes on its own even after this, then you have to do the next solution.
Fourth solution: Factory reset your iPhone
A reset will be able to fix this problem but make sure to create a backup of your important files and data because they will be deleted and you may not be able to retrieve them. When ready, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Find and tap General.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen, and then touch Reset.
- Tap Erase All Contents and Settings.
- Tap Erase Now.
- If prompted, enter your security lock.
- Tap Erase iPhone at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Erase iPhone again to proceed.
- Now enter your Apple ID password, and then tap Erase to proceed with the reset.
- Wait until your iPhone has finished the reset, and then set it up as a new device.
I hope that this simple troubleshooting guide has been helpful.