Some users reported because Skype crashes during video calls on their iPhones. There were those who said the app was working properly and then the problem started without apparent reason.
So in this post, we will tackle this problem and help the users who are bugged by it. Based on our experience, this issue cannot be serious. In fact, it might even be just a minor problem with the app or even the firmware. Both of them can be fixed by doing a few troubleshooting procedures.
But we will have to consider all possibilities and rule them out one after another until we can figure out what the problem really is and hopefully be able to fix it.
Skype Crashes During Video Calls On iPhone
Time Needed : 10 minutes
You only need a couple of procedures to make Skype work again. That said, here’s what you need to do:
- Close Skype and force restart your iPhone
If the problem started without apparent reason, then perhaps it’s just a minor problem with the app. The first thing that you have to do is close Skype and other apps to kill their services running in the background. Then do the forced restart to refresh the memory. Here’s how you do that:
1. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to pull up the Recent Apps screen.
2. Close every single app you can find on that screen.
3. After that, quickly press and release the volume up and volume down buttons.
4. Immediately after releasing the volume down, press and hold the power key. This will trigger the iPhone to turn off and power back up.
5. When the Apple logo shows, release the power key and wait until the device has finished rebooting.
After the reboot, open Skype and see if it still crashes.
- Uninstall and reinstall Skype
If the first solution failed to fix the problem, then you have no other choice but to uninstall Skype from your iPhone. After that, download a fresh copy from the App Store to make sure you’re using the latest version. Here’s how:
1. Go to the screen where Skype can be found.
2. Tap and hold on its icon until options show.
3. Tap Delete app.
4. Now confirm you want to remove it by tapping Delete.
5. Once the app is successfully removed, go back to the Home screen and launch the App Store.
6. Search for skype and tap the Install icon next to Skype.
7. Wait for the installation to finish.
8. After the installation, tap Open to launch the app.
This is the ultimate solution to this problem. So after doing this, you can now use Skype without having to experience the same issue.
However, if the problem occurs again, then it’s possible that a problem with the firmware is causing it. For that, what you need to do is to reset your phone. A factory reset will bring all your iPhone’s settings back to default. So before you actually do that, make sure to create a copy of your important files and data. When ready, follow these steps to reset your iPhone:
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Find and tap General.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen, and then touch Reset.
- Tap Erase All Contents and Settings.
- Tap Erase Now.
- If prompted, enter your security lock.
- Tap Erase iPhone at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Erase iPhone again to proceed with the reset.
- Enter your Apple ID password, and then touch Erase to proceed with the reset.
I hope that we’ve been able to help one way or the other.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you one way or another. Please support us by subscribing to our channel.
- How to Invite People to Zoom on Zoom for iOS
- How to Send a Meeting Invitation on Zoom for iOS
- How to Automatically Record Meeting on Zoom for iOS