We have received reports about the Skype camera not working on iPhone during video meetings. Most of the time, the problem is just minor and you may be able to fix it by doing one or a couple of procedures.
But the resolution might depend on how the problem occurred. If it started due to a physical damage, then only a technician that can open the device has a potential to fix it. However, if it occurred without apparent reason or cause, then you may be able to make it work again by doing the basic troubleshooting procedures.
If you’re one of the users who are bugged by this problem, continue reading as we may be able to help you.
Skype Camera Not Working On iPhone
Time Needed : 10 minutes
You may only need to do a couple of procedures for you to be able to fix this problem. With that said, here are the most effective solutions to this issue:
- Force restart your phone
If this is the first time you encountered the problem or if Skype was working properly before it occurred, then it can be just a minor issue with the app or the firmware. The first thing you need to do is the forced restart.
1. To do so, quickly press and release the Volume Up and the Volume Down buttons.
2. Immediately after releasing the latter, press and hold the power key. This will trigger the iPhone to power down and turn back on.
3. When the Apple logo shows, release the power key and wait until the device has finished rebooting.
After the reboot, try to see if the camera now works on Skype.
- Check the app’s permissions
After doing the first solution and the problem persists, then you have to make sure that Skype is allowed to use the camera. When it comes to issues like this, it’s always the permission that causes it. Here’s how it’s done:
1. From the Home screen, tap Settings.
2. Scroll all the way down to find Skype.
3. Once found, tap on it.
4. Now, tap the switches next to Microphone and Camera to enable them.
After doing this, feel free to use Skype again. It should work properly now.
However, if for some reason the problem remains after doing the solutions above, then you have two more options you can try.
Posts you might like
The first is by reinstalling the app. This is an effective solution because it removes all possible corrupted cache and data files and you can rest assured that you will be using the latest version. Here’s how it’s done:
- Go to the screen where Skype can be found.
- Tap and hold on its icon until options show.
- Tap Delete app.
- Now confirm you want to remove it by tapping Delete.
- Once the app is successfully removed, go back to the Home screen and launch the App Store.
- Search for skype and tap the Install icon next to Skype.
- Wait for the installation to finish.
- After the installation, tap Open to launch the app.
If this doesn’t fix the problem either, then you really have to reset your phone. A reset will fix any app or firmware issue. However, take a little time backing up your important files as they will be deleted. When ready, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Find and tap General.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen, and then touch Reset.
- Tap Erase All Contents and Settings.
- Tap Erase Now.
- If prompted, enter your security lock.
- Tap Erase iPhone at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Erase iPhone again to proceed with the reset.
- Enter your Apple ID password, and then touch Erase to proceed with the reset.
When the reset is complete, set up your iPhone as a new device.
I hope that we’ve been able to help. Please support us by subscribing to our channel. Thanks for reading!