This post will walk you through hiding the Secure Folder icon from the Galaxy Z Flip4 apps screen. Here’s a quick guide to remove the secure folder shortcut from apps screen on Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4.
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 3 minutes
So you’ve just set up a Secure Folder and placed all your important apps and data in it but not liking the idea about the Secure Folder being visible and accessible through the Apps screen? If that is so, then you can just hide it.
Hiding the Secure Folder from the Apps screen of your Samsung phone only requires a few taps to turn off a particular option from the Secure Folder app settings menu.
Depicted below is the actual process of removing the Secure Folder icon from the Galaxy Z Flip4 apps screen. Feel free to refer to this guide if ever you need help in the process.
- To get started, open the Settings app menu by tapping on the gear-shaped icon from the Home screen or Apps screen.
Alternatively, you can access the Settings app shortcut from the quick settings panel of your device. Any of these methods will take you to the same settings menu and options.
- In the Settings app menu, scroll to find Biometrics and Security.
Doing so opens another menu with the inbuilt biometrics and security features.
- Scroll down to the lower section to view more items then tap Secure Folder to proceed.
The secure folder settings menu will load up next. Here, you will see different options that you can use and manage to keep your personal files and apps safe and secure inside the Folder.
If prompted, enter the PIN, pattern or password you’ve set for your Secure Folder. This is required for you to access the Secure Folder settings.
- In the Secure Folder settings, find the option to Add Secure Folder to Apps screen. Once you find it, tap to turn OFF the switch next to it. Read the warning prompt, then tap Hide to confirm.
With this option turned off, the Secure Folder will be removed from the Apps screen. To access the folder, you can use the system quick search then select Secure Folder from the results.
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4
To unhide the Secure Folder icon and make it accessible through the Apps screen, just toggle to turn on the switch next to the Add Secure Folder to Apps screen option from the Secure Folder settings menu.
- The above steps are only applicable if you’ve already set up the Secure Folder app on your device.
- If you haven’t already, then you will need to set it up from settings. To do this, you need to be logged into your Samsung account on your device.
- Be sure to take note of the lock method you’ve used for the Secure Folder. It should be different from the method that you used to lock/unlock your phone.
Placing important files inside the Samsung Secure Folder may not be enough to keep them all safe from any unauthorized access. If you let other people use your device, there’s a good chance that your lock system is already made apparent to any of them.
To augment security, better remove the Secure Folder icon from the apps screen of your phone. Doing so will decrease the chance of other people to access the folder because they aren’t aware that you’ve got the folder set up on the phone.
And that’s how to hide the Samsung Secure Folder icon from the Galaxy Z Flip 4 apps screen.