This post will guide you on what you should do if the microphone won’t work on Zoom during video conferences. Many Android owners have been complaining about this problem but it seems like it’s not really that serious as some of them were able to fix it.
The result of this issue is that users on the other end won’t be able to hear you because the microphone cannot capture your voice. This can be a minor problem with the app or caused by a firmware glitch. However, it is also possible that it’s a hardware issue depending on how it occurred.
That’s why in this post, we will consider all possibilities and then rule them out one after another until we can determine what the problem is and be able to fix it. Continue reading as we may be able to help.
Microphone Won’t Work On Zoom
Time Needed : 15 minutes
Again, this isn’t a serious problem as long as your phone doesn’t have signs of physical damage. With that being said, here’s what you need to do:
- Force restart your iPhone
When it comes to issues like this, the first thing that you have to do is to make sure that it isn’t due to a minor glitch in the system. Perform the forced restart to refresh the memory and reload all services.
1. Quickly press and release the Volume Up and the Volume Down buttons.
2. Immediately after releasing the latter, press and hold the power key. This will trigger the iPhone to power down and turn back on.
3. When the Apple logo shows, release the power key and wait until the device has finished rebooting.
After the reboot, launch Zoom and try to see if the problem is fixed.
- Check the permissions of the app
If the first solution fails to fix the problem, what you have to do next is to make sure that the app is allowed to use the microphone. Here’s how you do that:
1. From the Home screen, tap Settings.
2. Scroll all the way down to find Zoom.
3. Once found, tap on it.
4. Now, tap the switches next to Microphone and Camera to enable them.
Most of the time and based on the testimonies of users who were able to fix the problem, these two solutions are enough to make the app work perfectly again.
- Zoom Meetings
However, if for some reason the microphone won’t work on Zoom even after doing the procedures above, then you have a couple of options you can do.
You can try uninstalling Zoom from your iPhone to remove all of its files that may have been corrupted, and then reinstalling a fresh copy from the App Store to make sure you’re using the latest version. This is how you do it:
- Go to the screen where the zoom app can be found.
- Tap and hold on its icon until options show.
- Tap Delete app.
- Now confirm you want to remove it by tapping Delete.
- Once the app is successfully removed, go back to the Home screen and launch the App Store.
- Search for zoom and tap the Install icon next to Zoom cloud meetings.
- Wait for the installation to finish.
- Tap Open to launch the app, and sign in to your account.
Your second option is quite obvious–the factory reset. When it comes to problems affecting apps and the firmware, a reset can always fix them. However, make sure to create a backup of your important files and data before you wipe your iPhone’s memory.
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Find and tap General.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen, and then touch Reset.
- Tap Erase All Contents and Settings.
- Tap Erase Now.
- If prompted, enter your security lock.
- Tap Erase iPhone at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Erase iPhone again to proceed with the reset.
- Enter your Apple ID password, and then touch Erase to proceed with the reset.
After the reset, set up your iPhone as a new device and that should do it.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you one way or another. Please support us by subscribing to our channel.
- How to Invite People to Zoom on Zoom for iOS
- How to Send a Meeting Invitation on Zoom for iOS
- How to Automatically Record Meeting on Zoom for iOS
- How to Use Zoom Video Conferencing on iPhone