In most cases, duplicate contacts can be created if you set up a new device and sync the account you’ve been using with your previous phone. While duplicate contacts actually don’t do much of an inconvenience, many of us don’t want clutter in our contact list.
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 3 minutes
That’s why Apple devices can easily distinguish duplicate contacts and give you the power to merge them easily. Here’s how it’s done:
- Go back to the Home Screen and tap Phone.
This will open the Phone app.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap Contacts.
Doing so will show you the list of your contacts.
- Tap View Duplicates below My Card.
There should be an information box that tells you how many duplicates your iPhone found.
- Tap the contact you want to merge with its duplicate.
It will bring you to the screen that shows the contacts and their differences.
- Tap Merge at the bottom of the screen.
This will initiate the merging process.
- There should be a box that popped up at the bottom of the screen, tap Merge to confirm.
After doing that, the contacts will be merged as one.
- If you don’t want to merge the contacts one by one, then tap Merge All at the bottom of the screen.
This will initiate the merging process of duplicates to the original contacts.
- Tap Merge Duplicates at the bottom of the screen to confirm.
And just like that, all duplicate contacts will be merged with the original ones.
- You can also link a contact manually to the duplicate.
To do so, just tap the contact with a duplicate.
- On the next screen, tap Edit at the top-right corner of the screen.
This will bring you to the contact’s information page.
- Scroll down and tap link contacts.
This will allow you to choose another contact you want to link to the contact you selected.
- Choose a contact to link with the original.
It will also bring you to the information page of the duplicate contact.
- Tap Link at the top-right corner.
It will now bring you to the information page of the original contact.
- When ready, tap Done at the top-right corner.
The contacts you selected will then be merged or linked together.
- Phone app
- iPhone 14 Pro
We hope that this guide can help you.
Posts you might like