Chasing power outlets to keep your Samsung Galaxy device charged can be frustrating. But what if you could significantly extend your device’s battery life with a few simple adjustments?
This guide explores nine effective strategies to optimize your Samsung Galaxy’s battery performance. From adjusting screen settings and disabling certain features to using certified chargers and monitoring app activities, these comprehensive steps can help you squeeze more life out of your battery.
Now, let’s dive into these battery-boosting techniques that will empower you to use your Samsung Galaxy device to its fullest without worrying about the battery level.
Optimize Your Samsung Phone
Begin your battery life enhancement journey with Samsung’s built-in Device Care feature. Here’s how to use it:
- Open the Settings app on your Samsung Galaxy phone.
- Navigate to Battery and device care.
- Tap on Optimize now.
Regularly using this function can extend your device’s battery life and enhance your overall user experience.
Use Certified Chargers
Using the right charger is crucial. Avoid uncertified or inexpensive charging adapters, which can harm your device’s battery life.
Stick to Samsung’s chargers or trusted brands like Anker, Aukey, or Belkin.
Adjust Display Resolution and Refresh Rate
For those who own flagship Galaxy phones, modifying your display settings can help:
- To access the Display menu on your Samsung device, simply open the Samsung Settings.
- Tap on Screen Resolution and select HD+ or FHD+.
- Then, navigate to Motion Smoothness under the same menu.
- To apply the Standard setting, simply tap on it and press the Apply button at the bottom.
These settings might lead to minor visual trade-offs but can significantly improve battery life.
Enable Device Protection
Activating device protection is essential:
- Open Settings on your phone.
- To access the Battery and Device Care menu, please follow these steps.
- To activate Device Protection, select it and tap the “Turn on” button.
By maintaining a clean and protected device, you can ensure its efficiency and longevity.
Check and Manage Location Services
Location services might significantly drain your battery:
- Open Samsung Settings and tap on Location.
- Review which apps had location access recently.
- For any non-essential apps, select the ‘Allow only while using the app’ option.
Regularly reviewing these services can help maintain your device’s battery.
Use Dark Mode
If your Samsung Galaxy phone comes with an AMOLED display, using Dark Mode can be battery-friendly:
- Launch Samsung Settings.
- Open the Display menu.
- Select Dark mode.
This minor adjustment can lead to a notable improvement in battery life.
Disable Always On Display (AOD)
The Always On Display feature, while useful, can consume a lot of battery:
- To access your Samsung device’s Lock screen settings, open the Samsung Settings app and navigate to the Lock screen menu.
- Disable the Always On Display toggle.
- Or, you can schedule it to be active during certain hours only.
Managing AOD can help minimize its impact on your battery life.
Review Battery Usage
Regularly review your device’s battery usage to identify any power-hungry apps:
- To access the app drawer menu, simply swipe up.
- Find the Settings app and open it.
- Scroll down to Battery and device care.
- Select battery and tap on the usage graph.
If a particular app is found to be consuming excessive power, consider updating it, limiting its background data usage, or even uninstalling it.
By following these comprehensive steps, you can effectively manage and improve the battery life of your Samsung Galaxy device. If issues persist, consider visiting an authorized service center.
Managing your Samsung Galaxy’s battery life doesn’t have to be a daily struggle. You can significantly improve your longevity by taking a few mindful steps and understanding how different settings and activities impact your battery life. Remember, it’s not just about making your battery last longer but also about ensuring your device runs smoothly and effectively.
What is one of the main causes of battery drain on Samsung Galaxy phones?
One main cause is apps running in the background. You can check which apps are consuming more battery in your settings ‘Battery Usage’ section and manage them accordingly.
How can I improve the battery life of my Samsung Galaxy phone with an AMOLED display?
Enable Dark mode. AMOLED screens consume less battery when displaying dark colors, which can help extend your battery life.
Does the Always On Display feature affect the battery life of my Samsung Galaxy phone?
Yes, the Always On Display feature consumes around 1% battery per hour. Disabling it, especially overnight, can save significant battery life.
Can changing the display resolution on my Samsung Galaxy phone improve battery life?
Yes, reducing the display resolution from QHD to FHD or HD+ can help extend your battery life, especially on flagship Galaxy phones.
Is it important to use certified chargers for my Samsung Galaxy phone?
Absolutely. Using certified Samsung chargers or those from reputed makers can ensure a reliable and efficient charging performance, ultimately helping manage your phone’s battery life.