The alarm on your iPhone XS worked just fine until the latest iOS 13.3 update was installed. An alarm that is not going off as scheduled is definitely a frustrating predicament. Because of this, you’ll probably miss an important appointment. Whatever restraining your iPhone XS alarm to not go off–as long as they’re all software-related, listed below are applicable solutions that can help fix the alarm not working issue on your iOS device.
Troubleshooting iPhone XS with alarm not working issue after iOS 13.3 update
There are two things you should remember when scheduling an alarm on your iPhone XS device. These are the following:
- You need to make sure that your iOS device is not paired with a Bluetooth-enabled device.
- The date and time should be set correctly.
The explanation is simple. Your iPhone will not produce any sound when connected to a Bluetooth device. Instead, sounds and alerts notifications will be routed to the paired device. In addition, the alarm may not go off on the set scheduled if the date and time settings are not set up properly.
Hence, if your iPhone XS is not connected with a Bluetooth accessory, the date and time is set up correctly; and still your alarm is not working as intended— then you need to start fixing your iPhone XS using the potential workarounds we listed below.
First solution: Restart iPhone XS to fix alarm that is not working after iOS 13.3.
The alarm not working issue on your iPhone XS could have been inflicted by random software glitches. To eliminate this factor, simply restart (soft reset) your iOS device. Since you have just upgraded your iOS to the latest version available, it is also ideal to carry out this method to ensure that the update will be implemented properly. Thus, this will also refresh your phone’s system. Follow these steps:
- Simultaneously press and hold the Side or Power button and either Volume button until the Slide to Power Off command appears.
- Then drag the power off slider to the right to turn off your iPhone XS.
- After 30 seconds, turn your phone back on. Simply press and hold the Side or Power button again and release when the Apple logo appears.
Wait for your iPhone to be back on completely. Then test the alarm to ensure that it is already working. Otherwise, move on to the next solution.
Second solution: Disable Mute Switch and adjust the Volume level to fix the alarm that has stopped working on your iPhone XS.
It is also possible that you have turned on the Mute switch on your iOS device or the volume level is just too low. Therefore, you won’t hear any sound when the alarm sets off. To rule this out, check out these steps:
- Check the Mute or Ringer Switch on the side of your iPhone XS.
- If you see an orange line on the switch, it means that your iPhone is on Mute or Silent Mode. Toggle the switch to set it to Ringer Mode again.
To adjust the volume level of the alarm through your phone’s menu settings, just head to Settings->Sounds & Haptics, and drag the slider to the right to increase the volume level.
Third solution: Manage the alarm’s time settings on your iPhone XS.
The scheduled alarm on your iPhone device might have been compromised after the recent iOS update. A possible automatic settings alteration may have transpired during the update. Thus, the alarm didn’t go off accordingly. To make sure that it isn’t causing the alarm to quit working as intended, manage your alarm settings using these steps:
- From Home, open the Clock app.
- Select the Alarm tab.
- Tap Edit and make sure the set up the correct time of day (AM or PM) for the alarm to go off.
- Set the date and time when you would like to alarm to set off, select the alarm sound, and increase the alarm volume level.
- Then tap the Save button on the top-right corner of the screen to save the changes made.
The menu options may vary if you are using a third-party clock app, so make sure to select the appropriate options. We also recommend deleting unnecessary set alarms to avoid possible conflict. Tap the saved alarm/s and then tap on Delete Alarm. Then restart (soft reset) your iPhone XS to refresh your phone’s internal memory.
Fourth solution: Install pending apps updates on your iPhone XS.
If you are using a third-party app for the alarm, there is really a higher chance that the alarm functions will fail after the iOS update especially if this third-party app is out-dated. Its version might no longer compatible with your phone’s recent platform. As a result, the app misbehaves. To rectify this issue, update the app to its latest version by doing these steps:
- From Home, launch the App Store.
- Scroll down to the updates section to view the list of available pending apps updates.
- Search for your clock app and tap Update next to its name.
- If you see multiple apps updates available, we strongly recommend installing these updates to ensure that all of your in-apps work smoothly with your phone’s recent platform. To do so, tap Update All to install all pending apps updates at once.
Then restart (soft reset) your iPhone XS after installing all the pending apps updates to make sure that the recent changes made will be implemented accordingly. Don’t forget to check your alarm and see if the problem is already fixed.
Fifth solution: Reset all settings.
If your alarm is still not working, an all settings reset can probably help fix the issue. Doing so will delete all your customized settings including those options that might have conflicted the alarm functions. Your saved content like photos, videos, apps, music, and other important files will remain intact, so creating a back-up isn’t necessary as of yet. Here’s what needs to be done:
- Get into your Settings from Home.
- Select General.
- Scroll to and select Reset.
- Select Reset all settings from the given options.
- When prompted, enter your device passcode to continue.
- Then select the option to confirm all settings reset.
Your iPhone XS will restart by itself once the reset is done. Then re-enable necessary features like Wi-Fi. You also need to set an alarm again. After making the necessary changes, check once more if the alarm is already working.
Last option: Restore your iPhone XS to factory default settings.
The alarm problem that you are dealing with might be inflicted by major system glitches and tough iOS bug. And a factory reset is considered as the last option that you can give a try. Make sure to back-up your files beforehand as this method will not only clear out these fatal glitches, but also all the content saved on your iPhone’s internal memory. Once you are set, carry out the factory reset using these steps:
- Go to Settings from Home.
- Select General.
- Scroll to and tap Reset.
- Select the option Erase all content and settings.
- If asked, enter your device passcode and then continue.
- Then select the option to confirm factory reset.
Wait for the process to be completed. Once you are on the Welcome Screen, follow the instructions to set up your iPhone XS as new again. After you have re-enabled necessary features, customized the settings, and managed the alarm settings, check if the alarm issue on your iOS device has already been rectified.
What to do next if the alarm continues to act up on your iPhone XS?
All the provided solutions above should be able to fix post-update errors like alarm not working on iPhone XS device for as long as it is software-related. If the alarm issue still persists, tendency is you are having hardware issues on your iOS device. Even so, you still need to contact Apple Support so they can make a final assessment regarding the issue. By then, you should be provided with appropriate recommendations to help fix this alarm issue on your iPhone XS device.