When a high end device like the iPhone XR keeps freezing after the most recent iOS 13.4.1 update, then the problem can be pretty minor. In fact, most performance issues aren’t really that serious, although they may be very annoying as they affect how you use your device if they occur.
In this post, I will guide you on how to fix your iPhone XR that keeps freezing. We will look into the possibilities and rule them out one after another. Most of the time, you only have to do a couple of procedures to make your device work perfectly again. So continue reading as we may be able to help.
iPhone XR Keeps Freezing
Time Needed : 12 minutes
Based on our experience, you don’t need to do some complicated procedures to fix this kind of problem. Here’s what you need to do:
- Perform the Forced restart
Perhaps the freezes are due to a minor firmware issue or even a glitch. We need to rule out this possibility first by doing the forced restart.
1. So quickly press and release the Volume Up button, and then the volume down button.
2. Immediately after that, press and hold the Power key for 10 seconds. This will force the phone to shut down and turn back on.
3. When the Apple logo shows, release the power key and wait until your iPhone finishes the reboot.
Once the restart is finished, try to see if the freezes are gone.
- Reset all settings
After doing the first solution and your iPhone still keeps freezing, then try to reset all the settings to make sure that the problem isn’t with just some settings.
1. From the Home screen, tap Settings.
2. Find and tap General.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen, and then touch Reset.
4. Touch Reset All Settings.
5. If prompted, enter your security lock.
6. Tap Reset All Settings at the bottom of the screen, and then tap Reset All Settings again to confirm.
Your iPhone will reboot after this, once it has finished rebooting, try to use the phone as you normally would to see if it still freezes at some point.
- iOS 13.4.1
- iPhone XR
These two procedures are capable of making your iPhone run smoothly again but there are times when things don’t go our way. So after resetting the settings and your iPhone XR keeps freezing still, then you have no other choice but to reset your device. So backup your important files and follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Find and tap General.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen, and then touch Reset.
- Tap Erase All Contents and Settings.
- Tap Erase Now.
- If prompted, enter your security lock.
- Tap Erase iPhone at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Erase iPhone again to proceed with the reset.
- Enter your Apple ID password, and then touch Erase to proceed with the reset.
After the reset, set up your iPhone as a new device.
I hope that we’ve been able to help. Please subscribe to our channel and don’t forget to enable the notifications. Thanks for watching!
- Face ID not working on iPhone 11 after iOS 13.2.2. Here’s the fix.
- iPhone 11 stuck on ‘Resume Download’ while updating to iOS 13.2.3
- What to do if your iPhone won’t turn on or stuck on black screen