If your iPhone 8 does not ring when called, make sure that the Ringer is ON and the volume is turned up. If the problem persists, troubleshoot your iPhone using the workarounds we have lined up below. Read more.
Troubleshooting iPhone 8 that Does Not Ring When Called
It is indeed a big trouble if your iPhone does not ring when getting phone calls. If you did not set your iPhone 8 to Mute, then there might be other factors that halted your iPhone 8 to produce sound when called.
These are the ISSUES that we are going to fix in this post:
- iPhone 8 not playing any notification sounds.
- iPhone 8 not ringing when receiving calls.
- iPhone 8 ringer not working.
- Notification sounds muted.
- iPhone 8 vibrates but makes no sound on alerts. iPhone does not ring.
Here are the possible SOLUTIONS:
- On the iPhone 8, located on the top left corner, there is a “silent” switch. Toggle it and make sure it is OFF.
- If problem persists, you want to make sure the “Do Not Disturb” feature isn’t active. To turn it off, go to Settings > Do Not Disturb. Make sure “Manual” and “Scheduled” are off.
- Go to Settings > Sounds and make sure the “ringer and alerts” volume is not muted.
- Go to Settings > Notifications and make sure your alerts are turned ON for any apps you wish to make sound.
- Insert your headphones into the headphone jack to check whether there is sound or not. Insert and remove them a few times. Sometimes the iPhone may get stuck in headphone mode and this might help.
- If none of these options worked, you can try performing a backup and restore of your iPhone
Note: For a full guide on how to backup and restore click here
- If the problem still persists, might as well contact your iPhone provider or Apple Support for further assistance.
I hope that this how-to post has helped you fix the issue with your iPhone 8. Please help us spread the word by sharing this post to your friends or people who may also have similar problems.
Connect With Us
We aimed to help our readers fix issues with their phones as well as to know how to properly use them. If you are experiencing other issues, please visit our Help Guide page. We have published articles that contain solutions to common issues. We also have a YouTube channel that has video tutorials and troubleshooting content for smartphones. Click this link and don’t forget to subscribe. Thank you for reading!