Performing a hard reset or restarting the phone using the hard keys should be able to fix iPhone 6s/6s plus that is frozen and won’t turn on. If this is your first time doing the reset, read on and be guided.
Fix your iPhone 6s/6s Plus that is Frozen and Won’t Turn On
Tackled in this post are power-related issues, particularly an iPhone that won’t turn on. The given solution is also applicable to other relevant issues as follows:
- iPhone 6s won’t turn off.
- iPhone 6s frozen and won’t turn on even when fully charged.
- iPhone 6s not turning off when holding down the power button.
- iPhone 6s screen frozen, cant use it or turn it on or off.
- iPhone 6s plus frozen screen and can’t power off or restart the phone.
- iPhone 6s screen can’t slide to power off.
Read on to find out what to do if you’re facing any of the above issues on your iPhone.
If your iPhone 6s or 6s plus screen is frozen and you can’t power off or restart the phone, then follow these steps to fix the issue if your iPhone won’t turn on:
- First, make sure your iPhone is fully charged and it isn’t just a dead battery causing the issue.
After confirming that your iPhone has sufficient charge but still doesn’t turning on or starting up, try the next recommended solution(s).
Perform a hard reset of your device.
- To force restart your device, press and hold both the Power and Home button for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
The device should now restart normally.
If the hard reset doesn’t work, you can try restoring your iPhone 6s or 6s Plus using recovery mode (click here for steps)
If none of the above procedures is able to solve the issue on your iPhone 6s plus that won’t turn on and the screen is still unresponsive or frozen, then you will need to take your device into the Apple Store as it could be a completely dead battery issue or a physical problem with the device.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix the problem with your device. We would appreciate it if you helped us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful.
Connect With Us
We aimed to help our readers fix issues with their phones as well as to know how to properly use them. If you are experiencing other issues, please visit our Help Guide page. We have published articles that contain solutions to common issues. We also have a YouTube channel that has video tutorials and troubleshooting content for smartphones. Click this link and don’t forget to subscribe. Thank you for reading!