In this post, learn how to restore iPhone 7 or put it in recovery mode. You might need to use recovery mode to restore your iPhone 7 in these cases:
- iTunes doesn’t recognize your device or says it’s in recovery mode.
- You see the Apple logo onscreen for several minutes with no progress bar.
- You see the Connect to iTunes screen.
- You forgot your iPhone passcode
Note: You will need a computer with the latest version of iTunes installed for this procedure.
How to Put iPhone 7 in Recovery Mode Restore
Here are the steps on how to restore iPhone 7 or put iPhone 7 plus into recovery mode:
- Plug your iPhone 7 into your computer using a lightning cable
- Launch iTunes on your computer
- Press and hold down the Power button and the Volume Down button simultaneously until the screen turns off. Continue holding the Power button + Volume Down button, even after you see the Apple logo appear.
- Release the Power + Volume Down buttons once you see the Connect to iTunes message appear on the iPhone 7’s screen as show below.
- In your iTunes you should then see a message stating that “There is a problem with the iPhone that requires it to be updated or restored.”
Once you’re in recovery mode, you can either restore the iPhone or update the OS as necessary.
After restoring or upgrading firmware, your iPhone will automatically reboot and exit recovery mode on it’s own.
Exit iPhone recovery mode:
You can typically exit recovery by doing the following:
- Press and hold the Sleep/Power button and the Volume Down button simultaneously until you see the Apple logo appear (or the Connect to iTunes message disappear when in Recovery Mode). Your iPhone should then reboot normally.
I hope that you found the needed information on how to restore iPhone 7 or put it in recovery mode on this post.
We also have our Youtube channel for other tutorials and troubleshooting videos. Feel free to visit it anytime and don’t forget to like the videos and subscribe to it. Thank you.