To fix no service or searching for signal issue on iPhone 7, perform a network settings reset on your device. If you fail to correct the issue using this method, continue troubleshooting your device.
No service on iPhone 7, unable to place or receive calls and messages, no network connection, stuck on searching, and can’t connect to the network can be corrected using the workarounds we have listed below.
Reset Network Settings to Fix no service on iPhone 7
Time Needed : 05 minutes
No service issue can be inflicted by random network glitches. And resetting your network is known to fix network issues including no service problem. Here is how it is done
- From Home launch the Settings app.
Swipe left or right to locate the settings icon.
- Select General.
Scroll down a bit to find this option.
- Tap on Reset.
This can be found at the lower part of the screen.
- Then select Reset Network Settings.
This will reset all your WiFi, cellular, and VPN Settings.
- Apple iPhone
You will then see the Apple logo and your phone will restart and try to reconnect to the network.
- If you still aren’t getting service, go to Settings > Carrier and switch OFF Automatic.
The iPhone will then start searching for networks, and will display all the available networks in your area. Make sure you Select the Carrier you belong to (eg. Telus, AT&T, 02).
- If your iPhone 7 is not getting any service after trying to connect to a network manually and resetting your network settings. The next step is making sure your iPhone is up to date. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and perform any updates that might be available.
- The last step is to perform a full backup/restore on your iPhone. For a complete guide on how to backup/restore your iPhone, click here.
- If the issue persists, consider having your iPhone checked by an Apple technician.
Connect With Us
We aimed to help our readers fix issues with their phones as well as to know how to properly use them. If you are experiencing other issues, please visit our Help Guide page. We have published articles that contain solutions to common issues. We also have a YouTube channel that has video tutorials and troubleshooting content for smartphones. Click this link and don’t forget to subscribe. Thank you for reading!