Internet connection is essential on smartphones nowadays. Most apps are reliant on internet connection for their functionality and features to work. But what will you do if there is no mobile data or internet on Nexus? Read further and find out how.
There are few factors that could cause internet problems on your smartphone. One of them is a bad server connection on your Internet service provider’s end. If this has been an ongoing issue and is not isolated on your Nexus device, contact them to verify for any ongoing server maintenance.
If the issue is isolated on your smartphone and other devices can connect to the Internet, feel free to follow the recommendations that I have mapped out below to fix no mobile data or Internet on Nexus phone.
Posts you might like
Here are a couple things you can try to fix this issue:
- Power off your device completely, then power it back on.
- Make sure you have a network connection (if you have No Service click here).
- Go to Settings > Data Usage and make sure mobile data is checked ☑ and there is no data limit blocking you.
- Go to Settings > More… > Cellular networks > Access point names and make sure you have your Carrier settings selected (For APN settings of Canada or US carriers click here).
- If you’re still not getting any internet through mobile data after verifying the APN settings and making sure it was turned on, verify with your Carrier if there is anything that could be blocking your data access on their end.
- If there are no issues on your carrier’s end, you can try turning off LTE and testing your mobile data using regular 4G.
- Go to Settings > More… > Cellular networks > Preferred network type.
- Select 3G.
- Restart your Nexus and test your cellular data.
- If issue persists, you will want to consider a factory reset of your Nexus. For a guide on how to backup and reset your Nexus smartphone click here.
We also have our Youtube channel if you want to watch tutorials and troubleshooting videos. Feel free to visit it anytime. Just don’t forget to like our videos and subscribe to our channel. Thank you.