When trying to connect the iPhone to the iTunes software you might run into the error 0xE8000003. This usually occurs when the phone can’t connect or communicate with the iTunes software. Sometimes restarting the phone and the computer will fix this problem however if it doesn’t then you will need to perform the additional troubleshooting steps listed below.
How To Fix iTunes Error 0xE8000003
Reset the lockdown folder
The lockdown folder is a hidden and protected folder created at the same time that iTunes was installed in your computer. This folder is where iTunes stores the temporary data that it accumulates from syncing and updating your device.
To clear the lockdown folder perform the steps listed below.
- Press Windows Logo key + R to open a Run
- Type %ProgramData% into the Run dialog and press Enter
- Locate and double-click on the folder titled Apple to open it.
- Locate and right-click on a folder named Lockdown.
- Click on Delete in the contextual menu.
- Restart the computer
Check if the issue still occurs.
In case the above step does not work then you will need to uninstall iTunes and its components from your computer. Type appwiz.cpl in the Start Search box and press Enter. Uninstall the following programs.
- Apple Software Update
- Apple Mobile Device Support Apple Application Support 32-bit (Optional)
- Apple Application Support 64-bit
Restart the computer.
Reinstall the latest version of iTunes
Go to the Apple website then download the latest version of iTunes. Once the software has been installed try to check if you still experience the same problem.
Some additional troubleshooting steps that you can perform in case the issue persists are as follows.
- Clean the charging port of the phone using a can of compressed air.
- Try connecting the phone to a different USB port of your computer.
- Try using a different computer.
In case the above steps does not fix the problem then you should contact the Apple support group regarding this matter.
Engage with us
If you have any concerns regarding your iPhone feel free to contact us using this form. We will provide you with free technical support regarding the issue you are facing with your device. Just make sure to provide as much detail as possible so that we can make an accurate diagnosis.