Perk of being into social networking is you can easily capture, edit, and share videos and photos, whenever and wherever you are. It is also the best way to connect with your friends and families. Indeed, it’s amazing how it made us able to get acquainted with other people around the world.
In fact, we can get to know and follow famous celebrities using social networking services, and check what they are up to. One of the latest and famous social networking services created is an app that is known for its magnificent filters and amazing features. This app is popularly known as Instagram. It is a social networking app created by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger way back 2010 of October and was launched exclusively on iOS. Since then, almost everyone of any age is using this application because of the fantastic features this app offers.
Though Instagram works perfectly on iOS, there are instances that this app won’t load or crashes for some reasons. It is very inconvenient, but nonetheless, you still can try something in your end to rectify the issue. Below are the possible solutions that you may try whenever the Instagram won’t load or crashes on your iPad Pro.
How To Fix Instagram Wont Load, Keep Crashing On Apple iPad Pro
1. Check and manage your Internet connection
Make sure that your mobile data is on, or you are connected to a Wi-Fi network when using the Instagram app since this app requires internet connection. However, having internet connection is not a guarantee that the app will work perfectly all the time. Might as well check the signal strength you have, either on Wi-Fi or on your mobile data. Note that intermittent and weak connection can also be the cause for the app to keep on crashing or not load at all. Try launching the app on either Wi-Fi and mobile data network. If you have excellent and stable internet connection, but still unable to open Instagram app, continue to troubleshoot software-related issues on your iPad Pro.
2. Restart the device
The easiest way to correct the problem is by simply restarting your iPad. This did the trick for most app-related issues users had experienced. Just follow these steps:
- Press and hold the Side/Power button and either Volume buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
- Release the buttons when the Slide to Power Off command appears and then drag the power off slider to the right.
- After 30 seconds, press and hold the Power/Side button again until the phone reboots.
Once the device is on again, try to open Instagram. If this simple trick doesn’t help, you may try the next one.
3. Close and re-open the Instagram app
Closing the application and opening it again might as well correct the loading and crashing problem. This is to clear the memory usage of the Instagram app, and allowing it for a smooth launch.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the Home screen and then pause slightly in the middle of the screen.
- Then swipe right or left to navigate through the app previews.
- Swipe up on an app card/preview to close individual applications.
If the Instagram app still won’t load or crashes after doing this, consider the next option.
4. Update the Instagram app to the latest version
One of the reasons why a particular application won’t work is because its version is not up to date. The Instagram app is more likely to crash if you are still using its old version. Having the updated version of the application is important to maintain its stability. To check for available updates on your device for Instagram, follow the steps below.
- From the Home screen, tap App Store.
- From the App Store main screen, scroll down to the bottom and then tap on the Updates tab. A list of all apps with pending updates will then appear.
- Tap the Update button next to Instagram. Doing so will install pending update for the Instagram app.
- If multiple app updates are available, then you can just tap on the Update All button on the top-right of the screen to install all app updates simultaneously.
- When you’re done updating your apps, restart your device and then try opening Instagram again.
Continue to the next workaround if that didn’t solve the problem.
5. Uninstall and reinstall Instagram app
If you have tried updating Instagram to no avail, then you might as well try to uninstall and reinstall the application. This is to ensure that no parts of the application have been deleted or corrupted.
- From the Home screen, lightly touch and hold the Instagram app icon until it jiggles. Be sure not to press too firmly so as not to launch the Quick Actions menu.
- Then tap on the X at the upper-left corner of the app you want to delete.
- Tap Delete when prompted to confirm action.
- After you delete the app, restart the phone to clear its memory cache. Then re-download and install the Instagram app from the App Store.
This has been one of the most effective solutions to many app-related issues, and works perfectly most of the time. Deleting and reinstalling the app is also a way of clearing the app cache and data on your iOS device.
6. Update iOS version of your iPad Pro
Updating the iOS version of your device often times fixes bug issue on the system software of the installed applications on the device. Most of the apps require latest version of iOS for the features to work without any problems. You may consider backing up your iOS device using iCloud or iTunes before doing the update.
To do the update on your iOS, simply follow these steps:
- Turn on your iPad and connect to the internet.
- Tap on the Settings icon, and go to General.
- Look for Software Update. If an update is available, read its information and then tap Download and Install. Once prompted to delete or remove any apps to free the memory for the iOS update, hit Continue or Cancel.
Once you have successfully updated the iOS on your device, and you also have the latest version of the Instagram app, there is no doubt that the loading and crashing problem of the app will be resolved in no time. These tricks not only work for Instagram app but also on other apps that have crashing problem. To see if the problem has been completely addressed, launch Instagram and see if it’s already working fine.
If none of that helps, then you can contact Instagram support for further assistance in performing more advanced troubleshooting methods. Otherwise, try using alternative applications that works similar to Instagram. Should this be a widespread problem with the application, Instagram developers will surely be able to fix it.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix the problem with your device. We would appreciate it if you helped us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful. Thank you so much for reading!