While iOS 13.2.3 provides bugs fixes for Mail issues, apps which are unable to download contents in the background, attached info not showing in Messages, and system search failure on Files and Notes, these positive outputs are outweighed by another post-update errors including incoming call delays. Considering this calling problem, we have mapped out attainable solutions that users can make use of. Read on and equipped yourself with this information so you can address the incoming call delays issues on your iPhone X in no time.
Why does incoming call delays issue emerged after iOS 13.2.3
- incoming call delays can emerge when your phone is having lagging or freezing screen issues caused by random software glitches.
- A possible service outage or service interruption on your network.
- Signal strength might be too weak or poor for incoming calls to get through without any delays
- Network configuration could have been altered after the iOS update resulting for the incoming call delays issue to emerge.
- iOS bugs can also be the main culprit.
Below are the common and attainable solutions for delayed incoming calls issue. Follow these procedures, and hopefully you will be able to fix the problem on your end.
First solution: Give your phone a quick and clean start. (soft reset or force restart)
Incoming call delays can be triggered by random software glitches affecting your phone’s calling functions. This can also happen if your phone’s internal memory has been deluged with cache files from corrupted apps. If your phone screen is still responding to touches, do a soft reset to restart your phone. Here is how:
- Press and hold the Side/Power button and either Volume buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
- Release both buttons when the Slide to Power Off command appears.
- Then drag the power off slider to the right.
- Leave your iPhone X off for at least 30 seconds, then press and hold the Side/Power button again until the Apple logo appears.
On the other hand, your phone screen may turn out to be lagging and freezing if the phone’s resources can no longer bare the junk files from these rouge and corrupted apps. Hence, a force restart should be carried out. This reset will also force close all the running apps in the background that might triggered the incoming calls to be delayed. Here is how you force restart your iPhone X:
- Quickly press and then release the Volume Up button.
- Quickly press and then release the Volume Down button.
- Finally, press and hold the Side/Power button until the Apple logo appears.
Once your phone is completely back on, try to call your iPhone X from a different device. If you don’t have a spare phone, you can ask someone to call your number and see if the incoming call is no longer delayed. If it continues to act up, try the next possible solution.
Second solution: Toggle the Airplane Mode on and off again to fix incoming call delays issue after iOS 13.2.3 on iPhone X.
Flawed network connections after an iOS update could have triggered the incoming calls to delay. It can happen when the signal transmission has been disrupted. To rule out network-related errors, toggle the Airplane Mode on and off again. Doing so will refresh your phone’s wireless radios. Here is how:
- From Home go to Settings.
- Select Airplane Mode and toggle the switch to enable the feature.
- While the Airplane Mode is on, reboot (soft reset) your iPhone X.
- Then go back to Settings->Airplane Mode and tap the switch again to disable Airplane Mode.
Your phone will then acquire signal from the network tower. Once the signal transmission has been resumed and your phone shows excellent network signal strength, give a test call to your iPhone X and see if the incoming call delays issue is already fixed. If not, try the next option.
Third solution: Reset all settings to fix incoming call delays after iOS 13.2.3 on iPhone X.
Your phone settings could have been automatically changed after the iOS update and as a consequence, incoming call function has been flawed. Since it is not possible to check which value and option needs to be changed to resume the workable state of the incoming calls, better yet do reset all settings on your iPhone X device. The process won’t cause permanent data loss but will just delete the current settings configuration, restoring them to default values and options. If you wish to give this tweak a try, here are the steps:
- Open the Settings app from Home.
- Select General.
- Scroll down to and tap on Reset.
- Select Reset all settings option.
- Enter your device passcode when asked, and then continue.
- Then select the option to confirm reset all settings.
Your phone will reboot automatically after the reset. Once it is back on, you can reconfigure the phone settings again according to your preference and enable necessary features to use them again. Make sure to check if the incoming call delays error has already been fixed. If not, try the next solution.
Fourth solution: Restore iPhone X to factory default settings. (factory reset)
When nothing seems to address the issue as of this time, you may resort to wiping out everything from your phone’s memory. When we say “everything”, it is not only limited to dumping out possible iOS bugs that ruined your phone’s incoming call function but as well as the important files saved in your phone’s memory and the phone’s current settings configuration. Therefore, you need to back-up your files with iTunes or iCloud. Afterwards, restore your phone to factory default settings using these steps:
- Go to Settings from Home.
- Select General.
- Scroll to and tap Reset.
- Then select Erase all content and settings.
- When asked, enter your device passcode and then continue.
- Then select the option to confirm factory reset.
Once the factory reset has been completed, follow the on-screen prompts to set up your iPhone X as new again.
Fifth solution: Restore iPhone X in recovery mode via iTunes.
If the factory reset failed to fix the incoming call delays issue on your iPhone X device, you may opt to carry out recovery mode restore via iTunes. The process will require you to have a Mac or Windows computer with the latest iTunes software installed. Then launch iTunes on the computer and do the following steps:
- Connect your iPhone X to the computer using the supplied USB or lightning cable.
- On your iPhone X, press and then release the Volume Up button.
- Press and then release the Volume Down button.
- Keep holding down the Power button even when Apple logo appears. Instead, release the Side/Power button once “Connect To iTunes” screen shows up.
- Your phone is has now entered Recovery Mode. You will then see options to Restore or Update.
- Select Restore option.
iTunes will then instigate the restoration of your iPhone. The process should accord you with a clean and bug-free iOS device. Don’t forget to check if the incoming call delays issue has already been rectified.
In the event that the incoming call delays issue still persists after performing the set of troubleshooting procedures provided above, you can contact your network carrier to escalate the issue. There might be an on-going network maintenance affecting the local area. Otherwise, contact Apple Support to make assessment regarding the problem and provide you appropriate resolutions if available.