Couldn’t get Facebook app to work properly on your iPhone XS? This post contains potential solutions to this problem. Read on and get help when needed.
Facebook is one of the apps that most people couldn’t afford not having on their phones. Aside being a popular app, Facebook is also regarded among the most credible social networking platforms for Android and iOS devices. But even so, there are still times when Facebook becomes unavailable and experiences downtimes. Tackled in this post is a common Facebook app problem encountered by iPhone owners. It’s about the Facebook app that’s not loading or keeps crashing on the iPhone XS. If ever you’ve landed into this page while searching for solutions to the same Facebook problem on the same iOS device, then this post is for you. Read on to find out how to deal with random Facebook issues on your iPhone XS.
Before anything else, if you are looking for a solution to a different problem, then drop in on our iPhone XS Help Guides page for we have already solved some of the most common problems with this device. Try to find issues that are similar to yours and feel free to use our workarounds and solutions.
Troubleshooting iPhone XS with Facebook app that keeps crashing
Before troubleshooting, check your Internet connection. Make sure that your iPhone XS has a stable Internet and is not experiencing Wi-Fi drops. Online apps and services like Facebook, may not be able to load and work as intended if the connection keeps dropping. If there’s no problem with the Internet connection and yet Facebook still keeps crashing on your iPhone, try performing the following solutions to rule out software-related factors as triggers.
First solution: Quit Facebook app and then restart.
When an app gets rogue and becomes corrupted, it usually acts up and becomes unresponsive. These symptoms often occur if the app is left running in the background. A recommended simple solution to this problem is to close the Facebook app and then restart it using the steps below:
- From the Home screen, swipe your finger up and then pause.
- Swipe left or right to locate the Facebook app preview.
- Then swipe up on the Facebook app preview to close it.
If you see multiple running apps in the background, make sure that you close them all too, so as to prevent them from causing conflicts with the Facebook app. Doing so will also free up space on your phone’s internal memory and refresh its system. After clearing out all background apps, open the Facebook app again to see if the problem has been resolved.
Second solution: Restart (soft reset) your iPhone XS.
Random software glitches that trigger minor symptoms to Facebook or any other apps are the next factors that you should rule out. And the simple solution to this is the so-called soft reset or reboot on the iPhone. Rebooting is also a way to clear out the cache including temporary files on your phone’s internal memory that have been corrupted.
To soft reset an iPhone XS, simply follow these steps:
- Press and hold the Side/Power button and either Volume buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
- Release both buttons when the Slide to Power Off command appears.
- Then drag the power off slider to the right to turn your iPhone XS off.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds then press and hold the Side/Power button again until the Apple logo appears.
Wait until your iPhone is finished booting up and once the system is ready, try to open the Facebook app again to see if it is already working properly. If the soft reset didn’t fix the problem, then you may proceed to the next method to rule out other factors.
Third solution: Check and install pending Facebook app updates.
To optimize your app’s performance, it is highly recommended to keep your apps updated. If you’ve updated your Facebook app for quite some time already and haven’t set your iPhone to automatically install app updates, it’s possible that Facebook is glitching because it is already outdated. With that said, check for pending app updates on your iPhone XS then download and install them. Among the requirements to install pending app updates on your phone are sufficient battery life, memory space, and a stable internet connection. Once these requisites are met, proceed to these steps to manually check for and install pending updates for Facebook and other apps:
- From the Home screen, select the App Store icon.
- At the bottom of the App Store main screen, tap the Updates icon. Doing so will provide you a list of apps with pending updates.
- Locate Facebook app’s pending update, and then tap the Update button next to it to begin installing.
- Otherwise, tap Update All button to install all available pending app updates at once.
Wait until all your apps are finished updating and then reboot (soft reset) your iPhone. A soft reset is imperative to ensure that the recent app changes are properly applied or implemented on your phone’s system. After the soft reset, re-launch your Facebook app to check if the issue has been resolved by the update.
Fourth solution: Uninstall then reinstall the Facebook app.
If your Facebook app is still not loading and keeps on crashing even after updating the app, it’s possible that the application has been corrupted and no longer able to work unless you have it reinstalled. With that said, try to delete the Facebook app and then reinstall it on your iPhone with these steps:
- From the Home screen, go to Settings.
- Scroll down to and select General.
- Then tap iPhone Storage.
- Search for the Facebook app and then tap to select.
- Select Delete App option.
- Then tap on Delete App to confirm the deletion. Doing so will uninstall the Facebook app from your phone’s system.
Alternatively, you can use the shortcut method that is carried out through the Home screen of your iPhone. Simply do these:
- Tap and hold on an app icon from your Home screen until the icons starts to jiggle.
- Then tap the X on the Facebook app icon. You will be prompted with the warning prompts.
- Select Delete to confirm the deletion of the Facebook app.
After deleting the application, restart (soft reset) your iPhone XS to clear out its memory cache. As soon as the boot-up sequence is finished, head on to the App Store and then install the latest version of Facebook app for your iPhone XS. Just follow these steps to continue:
- From your Home screen, open the App Store.
- Type Facebook on the search field and select Facebook app from the results.
- Tap on the Cloud-like icon or Get button to download and install the Facebook app on your iPhone again.
Wait until it shows that the installation has been completed then soft reset your iPhone. Once it’s on again, open the newly installed Facebook app to make sure that it is up and running.
Fifth solution: Reset all settings on your iPhone XS.
The option to reset all settings on your iPhone can also be a potential solution, especially if the underlying cause of the problem is due to invalid or misconfigured options and values. The process will clear out all customized settings that might have caused conflicts with the Facebook app settings and then restore your phone’s settings to the original configuration. This does not affect any saved information on the internal memory so there’s no need to back up files beforehand. Here’s how to reset all settings on your iPhone XS:
- Tap on Settings from the Home screen.
- Select General.
- Scroll down to and tap on Reset.
- Then select Reset all settings option.
- Enter your device passcode when prompted to continue.
- Then tap on Reset all settings to confirm the action.
Your phone will reboot by itself after the reset and restores the default values and options. Proceed to enable your Wi-Fi feature and reconnect to your wireless network. Once your iPhone has already established internet connection, try to open Facebook again to see if the app is already able to load up without bumping into any problem and is no longer crashing.
The problem is likely too complex that it could not be remedied by basic solutions and troubleshooting methods provided in this post. At this point, your next option is to seek more help from the people who crafted the application themselves. For more advanced solutions and troubleshooting procedures, you can escalate the problem to Facebook Support team or visit the Facebook Help page to gather inputs from other users who have dealt with the same issue on their iOS device.
Connect with us if your Facebook app is crashing
We are committed to helping our readers fix the problems with their phones as well as learn how to properly use their devices. So, if you have other issues, you may visit our Help Guides page so you can check by yourself the articles we’ve already published that contain solutions to common problems. Also, we do create videos to demonstrate how things are done on your phone. Visit our Youtube Channel and please subscribe to it. Thanks.