Problem on apps crashes are usually tied to memory problems like when the internal memory is running low. Like computer programs, apps utilize memory space of your smartphone. And like a low storage computer, a phone with shrinking storage space is also a bit shaky. Aside memory issues, other factors like invalid settings, faulty updates, software glitches and network errors can also cause certain apps to become erratic at some point. Fortunately, all these denote a software issue that can be resolved by some workarounds. Highlighted below are recommended workarounds that are used to deal with an app issue transpiring on the iPhone 8 handset. It is about the Amazon Shopping app that keeps crashing or not working as intended. Read on to find out what to do whenever you too will encounter the same issue while shopping online through Amazon Shopping app on your iPhone 8.
How To Fix Amazon Shopping Keeps Crashing Or Not working On iPhone 8
First solution: Quit the app then restart your iPhone
Quitting the app can help clear any minor glitches that might have triggered it to misbehave or not work as intended. Any app can give in to minor glitches so it’s likely what’s occurring to your iPhone 8 Amazon Shopping app. Should this be the trigger, quitting and restart the app will likely be able to rectify the glitch thus, allowing it to work properly again in the next run. So here’s what you should try doing first.
- Open the recent apps screen by pressing the Home button twice quickly.
- From the recently used apps screen, swipe up on the Amazon Shopping app preview to clear it. If you see multiple apps, then clear them too so none of them would cause any sort or conflict.
Once you’re done quitting apps, reboot (soft reset) your iPhone 8 to apply the new changes and refresh your phone system. For starters, here’s a how to soft reset or reboot your iPhone 8:
- Press the Side/Power button until the Slide to Power Off command appears.
- Drag the slider to turn off your iPhone completely.
- After 30 seconds, press and hold down the Side/Power button until the Apple logo appears.
A soft reset won’t erase your iPhone data, so all your personal information, apps, and customized settings will stay intact.
Second solution: Disconnect and reconnect Wi-Fi on your iPhone
Online shopping apps including Amazon Shopping are server-based applications. This means that they need to have constant and stable connection to the Internet to stay in touch with the server. Every transaction entered through the app will be relayed back and forth the Amazon server from inquiries to purchases, returns and other customer’s request. If something is wrong with the network like when your iPhone is experiencing Internet connectivity drops or intermittent Wi-Fi internet, the most likely the app won’t work. A simple solution you can try on whenever you’re dealing with random Wi-Fi drops is to turn Wi-Fi off and then back on. Here’s how it’s done:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- Toggle the Wi-Fi switch to turn Wi-Fi off.
- After 30 seconds, tap the switch to turn Wi-Fi on again.
Wait until your device is successfully reconnected to your Wi-Fi network. Then you can re-launch the Amazon Shopping app to see if it is already working fine and steady.
Third solution: Install update for Amazon Shopping and other apps
- Tap the App Store icon from the Home screen.
- Tap the Updates icon at the bottom right of the App Store main screen. A new screen showing a list of apps with available update would show up.
- Tap the Update button next to Amazon Shopping, to update the app.
- Otherwise, tap the Update All button to update multiple apps at once. The Update All button will only become visible if multiple app updates are available.
After updating apps, reboot your iPhone then open Amazon Shopping. Try and see if that fixes the problem.
Fourth solution: Reset all settings on your iPhone
An app can become erratic due to invalid settings or when incorrectly configured. The same thing can happen if certain settings on your device are configured in a way that would cause conflict on the app’s usual routine. This usually happens when a buggy update is installed and automatically overrides your device settings. To make things work properly again, you can reset all settings on your iPhone 8 and then manually configure and setup necessary features and services you want to use. Here’s how it works:
- Tap Settings.
- Tap General.
- Scroll to and tap Reset.
- Select the option to Reset all settings. This will reset your iPhone settings back to the original or default values.
- Enter your device passcode if necessary.
- Tap the option to confirm reset.
Unlike factory reset, settings reset will not affect your data hence won’t result to data loss. Your iPhone will reboot once the reset is finished. If it doesn’t, then you will have to manually trigger your device to reboot to implement the recent changes.
Fifth solution: Delete and reinstall Amazon Shopping on your iPhone 8
Deleting the app can be considered your last option if all else failed to fix the problem and your Amazon Shopping app is still crashing on your iPhone 8. The app might have been totally corrupted, so it has to be deleted. After deleting the app, you can always head back to the App Store and download the new and fully functional Amazon Shopping app that’s compatible with your device. And here’s how to get this done:
- Tap and hold on any icon from the Home screen.
- When the icons start to jiggle, tap the X in the corner of the Netflix app icon. Doing so will delete or uninstall the app.
- If prompted, tap Delete to confirm action.
- Reboot your iPhone after deleting Amazon Shopping to implement the changes and refresh the system.
Then head over the App Store to download and install the latest version of Amazon Shopping app for your iPhone 8 with these steps:
- Open the App Store.
- Tap Search from the App Store main screen.
- Type Amazon Shopping in the search bar.
- Tap Search.
- From the search result, tap to select Amazon Shopping for iPhone 8.
- Tap Get or the Cloud icon to start downloading and installing the app.
- If prompted, enter your Apple ID password to continue.
- Once the app is successfully installed, go to your Home screen then tap the Amazon Shopping icon.
Sign in to your Amazon account by entering your credentials and then use the app to see if it is already working properly this time.
Seek more help
Contact Amazon Customer Service or visit the Amazon.com help site to escalate the problem for further troubleshooting assistance and recommendations. There might be some more intricate problem from within the Amazon system that needs to be dealt with first for the Amazon app to be stabilized. You can verify that from the Amazon tech support.