You can access Settings from the Home screen, then go to Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > Menu > New APN > More > Save and then tap the desired APN you want to use to configure APN settings on your Samsung Galaxy S6.
If your mobile data is not working or you purchased a Galaxy S6 that is unlocked and belonged to a different carrier, you might have to create an APN (Access Point Name) to configure your mobile internet and be able to access cellular data on your Samsung device. An APN is what allows you to access mobile internet with your Galaxy S6.
To add a new APN on any Samsung Galaxy S6 model, including Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge plus, follow these steps:
- Tap on Settings > Mobile networks.
- Tap on Access Point Names.
- You will see your pre configured APN networks and can tap “ADD” in the top right to configure a new one.
- Make sure you have your APN settings configured for your Carrier (you will see your network name). If you don’t see your network name and can’t discern any APN settings, you might have to configure them manually. To do so you can check if they are available here for your Carrier or a simple google search for your Carrier’s APN settings should yield the proper result.
- Press the three dots on the top right of the screen, tap on Save in order to save the APN settings.NOTE: The created APN will show up in the APNs screen after you have saved it. To activate the APN, tap on the radio button located beside it.
- Restart the phone and try browsing the Internet.
I hope that this article has helped in configuring the proper APN settings on your Samsung Galaxy S6 smartphone. If you need further help, Samsung’s support line is always open for you. You can contact them if you want.
We also have our Youtube channel that you can visit anytime for tutorials and troubleshooting videos. Feel free to subscribe and don’t forget to like the videos. Thank you.