To block a number on iPhone 8, head to your phone’s Settings > Phone > Blocked, and add a number you wish to add on your block list. You can also block calls from all phone numbers. To know how it’s done, see the guide below.
How to Block a Number on iPhone 8
If you’re looking to block a number or contact from calling you or text messaging you on your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus, then here’s a detailed guide on how to add numbers to your iPhone block list.
There’s 2 different features that can block calls on the iPhone 8:
- The Do Not Disturb function. This redirects all calls to voicemail and mutes all notifications (SMS, Facebook, etc.)
- The other function is “Blocked” where you can block calls, texts and face time from a specific contact.
To block or unblock calls from a specific number:
- Go to Settings > Phone > Blocked
- Here you will find your iPhone Blacklist. You can configure which numbers you wish to block text messages and calls from. Tap on Add New to add a number to your block list
- If you wish to unblock a number, in that very list simpy tap on Edit in the top right, then remove the number from your block list
To mute all calls from all numbers:
- Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb.
- Turn on “Manual”. You can also turn on “Scheduled” if you want to block all calls at specific times automatically.Note: Make sure you turn off Manual when you want to receive calls again.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you block a number on iPhone 8. We would appreciate it if you helped us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful.
Connect With Us
We aimed to help our readers fix issues with their phones as well as to know how to properly use them. If you are experiencing other issues, please visit our Help Guide page. We have published articles that contain solutions to common issues. We also have a YouTube channel that has video tutorials and troubleshooting content for smartphones. Click this link and don’t forget to subscribe. Thank you for reading!