You can block calls and messages on a Nexus 5x device directly from the “Contacts” app. Thus, there are also other ways to get this done especially if you are not only blocking a certain phone number from calling and texting you, but also sending you SMS from Google Hangouts or Messenger.
If you are among the Nexus 5x users that needed assistance to block calls and messages from telemarketers or unwanted callers, read this post. On the other hand, if you are looking for ways on how to unblock blacklisted phone numbers on your Nexus 5 X device, we’ve also covered this topic in this post. Read further and be guided.
Blocking incoming calls from a Number:
Posts you might like
- Open the “Contacts” app
- Add the number you want to block as a contact. If the number you want to block is already in your contact list proceed to the next step.
- Select the contact that you wish to block on your Nexus smartphone.
- Tap the pencil icon to edit the contact
- Press the “Menu” icon depicting three vertical dots
- Tap to select “All calls to Voicemail“.
Unblocking calls and texts from a Number:
- Open the “Contacts” app.
- Select the name of the contact that you wish to unblock.
- Tap “Menu” and make sure “All calls to Voicemail” is unchecked.
How to block SMS using Google Hangouts or Messenger:
- Open Hangouts or Messenger.
- Open the conversation with the number you wish to block.
- Tap on the menu button (three dots) in the top right.
- Tap people & options.
- Block (contact name or number).
- Confirm by tapping OK.
When you blacklisted a phone number on your device, the caller will no longer be able to reach you either via call or text messages. But if you change your mind and feel like wanting to get connected with this person again, you can unblock the phone number anytime you want.
I hope that we are able to help you one way or another. Feel free to share this post to your friends and family members who also need the same assistance.
If you are looking for more tutorial videos and troubleshooting guides for smartphones, please visit our Help Guide page. We have also posted relevant videos in our YouTube channel, so please don’t forget to check our channel and subscribe. Thanks for reading!