A very slow internet can be inflicted by random network connectivity issues. But there could also be other factors that trigger the problem to emerge especially after installing the iOS 13.2 update.
Many smartphone users nowadays are hooked with online apps or games that they can’t stand a second getting slow internet speed on their devices. That is why when the iOS 13.2 was rolled out by Apple, a lot of users expressed their disappointment because of the overwhelming post-update errors transpired after the iOS update. And among these common errors is having a very slow internet on their iOS devices. In this article, we have mapped out attainable solutions for iPhone XS Max that is having a very slow internet after iOS 13.2. If you are among these online enthusiasts who is experiencing the same problem, read on and let us fix your iOS device.
Troubleshooting iPhone XS Max that is having a very slow internet
If you are having a very slow internet connection on your iOS device, you also need to consider the proximity or the coverage range of your location from the internet source. This means that the farther you get from the source, the slower the internet speed you acquire. With that being said, make sure that you are close to your wireless router or modem prior to troubleshooting your phone. If you’ve moved closer to the equipment and still getting a very slow internet on your iPhone XS Max device, then this is really a serious problem that needs some fixing. Let’s get it on.
First solution: Power cycle the wireless router/modem to fix iPhone XS Max that is having a very slow internet after iOS 13.2.
Sometimes, the plain turning of the wireless router/modem off and on again can right away fix the internet connectivity issue on your iOS device. Your internet source might have been oddly inflicted by firmware glitches and it just happened that the symptoms occur after the iOS update. So before we run some repair on your iOS device, let’s first power cycle your router/modem. Here’s now you do it:
- On your wireless router/modem, flip the Power button to turn it off.
- Then unplug the AC adapter from the power source for at least 1 minute.
- After the said time, plug the AC adapter back into the power source and then flip the Power button again to turn the equipment back on.
Wait until the router’s signal indicators become stable. Then connect your iPhone XS Max to your wireless network whenever it’s back online. Try to check various online apps and services and check if the internet speed has improved. If it remains very slow, move on to the next solution.
Second solution: Restart (soft reset) your iPhone XS Max.
Random bugs from the recent iOS update and network-related errors can also be the possible triggers. These glitches can be cleared out by simply giving your phone a fresh restart. Here’s how:
- Press and hold the Side/Power button and either Volume Up/Down buttons simultaneously until the Slide to Power off command appears.
- Then drag the power of slider to the right to turn off your iPhone XS Max.
- After at least 30 seconds, press and hold the Side/Power button again until the Apple logo appears.
Wait until your phone boots up completely. Turn your Wi-Fi on when needed, and then check if your internet connection has speed up. Otherwise, troubleshoot your device further.
Third solution: Toggle the Wi-Fi off and on again to fix iPhone XS Max that is having a very slow internet after iOS 13.2
Refreshing the Wi-Fi function on your phone can also help fix the very slow internet issue. Cache files from corrupted network acquired from the recent iOS update ought to be cleared out after this tweak. Let’s give it a try and follow these steps:
- From Home, select Settings.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Toggle the switch to turn the feature off.
- While Wi-Fi is off, restart (soft reset) your iPhone XS Max.
- Then head back to Settings->Wi-Fi menu and toggle the switch to turn the feature on again.
As an option, you can also turn the Airplane Mode on and off again to refresh your phone’s wireless services including Wi-Fi. This trick has been recognized to resolve various network-related issues, so might as well check if this can provide you positive result. Here are the steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Select the Airplane Mode menu.
- Tap the Airplane Mode switch to turn the feature on. Doing so will disable your phone’s wireless radios including Wi-Fi.
- While the Airplane Mode is on, restart (soft reset) your iPhone.
- Then head back to Settings-> Airplane Mode and then toggle the switch again to turn off the feature. By then, wireless services will also be restored.
After your phone has been reconnected to your wireless network, launch your browser or any online apps and see if the very slow internet issue has been corrected. If not, carry out another troubleshooting procedures.
Fourth solution: Forget/Delete Wi-Fi network and then reconnect to fix iPhone XS Max that is having a very slow internet after iOS 13.2.
If it turns out that your Wi-Fi network has become totally corrupted after the iOS update, removing it from your phone’s directory and adding it back can potentially resolve the issue. Follow these steps:
- Go to Settings from your Home screen.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Tap the information “i” icon next to your network’s name.
- Then tap Forget This Network option then select Forget to confirm.
- It is also ideal to delete the rest saved network (if there’s any) to avoid future conflict.
To completely refresh your phone’s memory, restart (soft reset) your iPhone XS Max. Then head back to Settings->Wi-Fi to set up your network again and reconnect. Check if your internet is already up and running.
Fifth solution: Reset network settings on your iPhone XS Max.
Your phone’s network configuration could have been altered automatically after the iOS update that led your phone’s internet to become very slow. To clear out erratic values and options, perform a network settings reset on your iOS device. See steps below:
- Launch the Settings app from the Home screen.
- Select General.
- Scroll to and tap Reset.
- Select Reset Network Settings option.
- If prompted, enter your device passcode to continue.
- Then tap the option to confirm reset network settings.
When the reset is done, your phone will reboot by itself. By then, re-enable the Wi-Fi feature to set-up your network again. Then, reconnect.
Still having a very slow internet on your iPhone XS Max?
Minor software glitches that triggered the internet to become very slow should have been corrected by the given procedures above. But if the problem still persists, you might need to carry out more-advanced solutions to clear out tough and complex bugs that slow down the browsing speed on your device. You can restore your phone to factory default settings, restore in recovery mode via iTunes, and/or do a full DFU mode restore. Alternatively, you can also escalate the issue to your internet service provider if you think that your wireless equipment is to blame.