In this troubleshooting guide, we will show you what to do if Facebook keeps crashing on your Google Pixel 4a. Most of the time, app crashes aren’t really serious. They can either be an issue with the app or the firmware. You should be able to fix it by doing the basic troubleshooting methods. Read on to learn more.
Popular apps like Facebook are being updated regularly to minimize issues. But when you use it on a daily basis, you will surely encounter an issue or two. Among the most common problems are the app crashes. That’s when the app just stops working and closes by itself. If you have a problem like this, then here’s what you should do:
First solution: Close Facebook and other apps
It’s a possible app issue only, that’s why the first thing you have to do is to close Facebook and all other apps running in the background. After that, try opening Facebook again to see if it still works. Here’s how you do that on a Pixel 4a:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and stop at the middle. This will show you the apps that are still running in the background.
- Swipe up on Facebook to close it, and then do the same to other apps.
After doing that, open the app to see if Facebook keeps crashing still.
Second solution: Force restart your phone
It is also possible that such a problem is just due to a pretty minor firmware glitch that affected Facebook. So if the first solution fails, try doing the Forced Restart to see it fixes the problem. Here’s how it’s done:
- Press and hold the Power key for 8 seconds or more. This will force the phone to shut down and power back up.
- When the Google logo shows, release the power key and allow the phone to boot up successfully.
After the restart, open Facebook and see if it still crashes.
Third solution: Clear the cache and data of Facebook app
Assuming that the first two solutions failed to make Facebook run normally again, the next thing you have to do is to reset the app itself. An app reset simply means to clear its cache and data files, because some of these files may have been corrupted. Android will replace them with a new set, and that might just fix the problem. Here’s how you do that:
- Pull up the app drawer and look for the Facebook app.
- Tap and hold on its icon until the Options menu shows.
- Tap the App info icon.
- Tap Storage and cache.
- Tap Clear cache first.
- And then tap Clear storage, and tap OK to confirm.
Once you’re done resetting the app, try opening it to see if it works perfectly now.
Fourth solution: Uninstall Facebook and reinstall it
If all else fails, then you have to remove the app completely from your device to also delete all its installation files. After that download a fresh copy from the Play Store to make sure you’re using the latest version.
This procedure will fix any app-related problem including this one. Here’s how you do that:
- Pull up the app drawer and look for Facebook.
- Tap and hold on its icon until the options menu shows.
- Tap the App Info icon.
- Tap Uninstall, and then tap OK to confirm.
- Once the app is successfully uninstalled, launch the Play Store.
- Search for Facebook, and then tap Install.
- Wait for it to be successfully installed, and then tap Open to launch it.
And those are the things you can do if Facebook keeps crashing on your Google Pixel 4a. We hope that this troubleshooting guide can help you one way or another.
If you find this guide helpful, please consider supporting us by subscribing to our YouTube channel so that we can continue creating helpful contents. Thanks for reading!
- How To Fix Google Pixel 4a Black Screen Of Death Issue (Android 11)
- Google Pixel 4a Camera Keeps Crashing
- How To Fix A Google Pixel 4a With Slow Internet Connection