With the use of the feature called AssistiveTouch, you will have an on-screen home button, which does not only benefit users who aren’t used to new Apple devices but users who own an older model that has a broken home button.
But aside from that, the virtual home button is actually pretty useful as you can add your own custom gestures that will execute the commands you set. If you haven’t tried this feature before, we urge you to try it and see if you can make your iPhone more useful with it. If not, then you can disable it back.
Time Needed : 4 minutes
The process of enabling this feature is easy and pretty straightforward. Here’s how it’s done:
- From the Home screen, launch Settings.
This will show you the main settings screen.
- Scroll to and then touch Accessibility.
You will be brought to the next screen that allows you to change the settings of some advanced features on your iPhone.
- Scroll to the Physical and Motor section and tap Touch.
It’s the first option you can find under that section.
- On the next screen, tap AssistiveTouch.
It’s also the first option and you can easily find it as it’s at the top-most part of the screen.
- Tap the switch next to Assistive Touch to enable it.
This will immediately take effect.
- You will then see a floating round button on the screen.
It will respond when you touch it and show you the things you can do.
- At the lower part of the screen, tap Single-Tap and select Home.
This will bring you to the Home screen, which makes the virtual button work like the real Home button.
- Go back to the previous page and tap Double-Tap.
You can then assign a new command that will be executed when you double tap the virtual button.
- If you want it to function like the physical home button, select App Switcher.
Or, you can just choose any command you like.
Now, your iPhone has a virtual home button that will bring you immediately to the Home screen on a single tap, and show you the apps running in the background on double tap.
We hope that this simple tutorial can help you.
Posts you might like