In this tutorial, we will show you how to enable USB debugging on your Samsung Galaxy Note 20. Such a setting is hidden from users and disabled by default because once enabled, it will make your phone vulnerable. Read on to learn how to enable it.
If you’re into app development, then you will need to enable USB debugging on your phone. But turning it on will make your device vulnerable to attacks, that’s why you need to be careful in giving access to computers, and enable such a feature if needed. Here’s how it’s done:
Time needed: 4 minutes.
- Launch the Settings app.
You may pull up the app drawer and tap Settings, or swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the gear icon.
- Scroll all the way down, and tap About phone.
But before that, check if Developer Options is already enabled because if it is, then there’s no need to do this step. But assuming you haven’t enabled the Developer Options yet, then move on to the next step.
- Tap Software information.
The USB Debugging is native to Android and it’s one of the core security features.
- Now tap Build number 7 times, and then enter your security lock.
This will make sure you don’t enable the Developer Options by accident, and the security lock is just another layer of security to make sure it’s the owner that actually wants to enable it.
- Once the Developer Options is enabled, go back to the main Settings page.
Scroll down and then tap Developer Options. It should be below About phone.
- Once you’re inside, look for USB Debugging and then tap the switch next to it to enable it.
If prompted, tap OK to allow USB Debugging.
As mentioned earlier, enabling USB Debugging makes your phone vulnerable to attacks, especially if you’ve already given authorizations to a bunch of computers. So to keep that in check, it’s best to Revoke USB debugging authorisations.
And that’s how you enable USB debugging on your Samsung Galaxy Note 20. We hope that this simple tutorial can help you.
If you find this tutorial helpful, please consider supporting us by subscribing to our YouTube channel. We need your support so that we can continue creating helpful contents.
- How To Reset Network Settings on Samsung Galaxy Note 20
- How To Refresh The Memory Of Your Samsung Galaxy Note 20
- How To Fix The Galaxy Note 20 Black Screen Of Death Issue