This post will walk you through activating a new Android file sharing feature on the latest Galaxy Flip phone that allows you to share videos, images and other files with your family and friends. Here’s a quick guide to enable quick share on Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4.
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 5 minutes
Sharing files on the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 device can be carried out in many different ways. One of the fastest is through the Quick Share. In order to use this feature, it has to be enabled on your phone’s settings. And here’s how it’s done on the newest Samsung Flip smartphone.
- To get started, open the Settings app. Just find the gear-shaped icon from the Home screen or Apps screen then tap on it to launch the app.
You can also access the Settings app shortcut from the quick settings panel, represented by the same gear-shaped icon.
- In the Settings menu, scroll to find Advanced features and then tap on it to proceed.
More advanced features will load up on the next display.
- Tap Quick Share from the given items to proceed. The Quick Share menu opens next.
Here, you will see more sharing options you can manage or customize according to your needs and preferences.
- If you want to change your device name, tap Phone name then enter the name that you'd like to use for your device.
This is the name that appears on other devices whom you share files with.
- To specify the contacts that you'd like to use quick share with, tap Who can share with you under the Nearby sharing feature.
A pop-up window opens with three main options including No one, Contacts only and Anyone nearby.
- Choosing No one disables quick share so you have to choose between Contacts only and Anyone nearby.
If you select Contacts only, only Samsung account users in your contacts list are allowed to share files with you.
If you select Anyone nearby, anyone nearby can share with you via Quick share feature.
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4
Manage Other Quick Share Options
There is also an option for you to convert high video resolutions to a compatible format with standard resolution. This helps reduce the actual file size of the videos and thereby speed up the file sharing process.
If you prefer to use Wi-Fi only when sharing files via quick share, turn on the option to Use Wi-Fi only.
Auto deletion of expired files is also possible. This will help optimize storage by removing unused files including the ones you send and receive via quick share. Just tap Auto delete expired files in the quick share settings then choose between Received files only and Received and sent files.
Alternative Way to Manage Quick Share settings
Aside from Advanced features, you can also access and manage the Quick Share settings straight from the Apps menu of your Galaxy Z Flip phone.
- To do this, navigate to Settings-> Apps then select Quick Share from the list of apps. In the Quick Settings App info screen, tap Quick Share settings. Doing so will take you to the same quick share settings menu where you can find relevant options that you can adjust accordingly.
Any changes you made to the quick share app through the App info will also reflect on the app’s settings in the Advanced features menu.
Start Sharing Files via Quick Share
Now that you’ve already enabled Quick Share on your phone, you’re all set to use it to share files using it.
- To do this, launch the Gallery app then choose the image or video file that you’d like to share. When the file is selected, tap the Share icon then select the recipient device. Wait for your devices to connect. Once connected, accept the file transfer request on the other device.
- To make sure that your Galaxy Z Flip4 is visible to nearby devices via Quick Share, turning on Phone Visibility through Settings-> Connections menu might help.
Also ensure that Wi-Fi is enabled on your phone. The receiving device must also support Wi-Fi Direct in order to use Quick Share and the screen has to be turned on.
The maximum file size to send is 1 gigabyte at one time and 2 gigabytes per day.
Additional changes may be accumulated when sharing files through quick share via mobile data network.
And that’s all about activating and customizing the Quick Share feature on the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4.
Posts you might like