This post will walk you through putting the Google Pixel 7 in extreme battery saving mode to further stretch its remaining power. Here’s a quick guide to enable Extreme Battery Saver on the Pixel 7 smartphone.
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 3 minutes
Extreme Battery Saver is a handy feature that you can use whenever you need to extend your battery life further in critical situations. When enabled, it pauses most apps and notifications and some features of your phone.
If you’re new to Google Pixel smartphones and wondering how to access and activate this feature on your recently acquired Pixel 7 device, then you may go ahead and refer to this simple guide.
- Open the Settings app to get started. To do so, swipe up from the bottom of the Home screen to launch the Apps viewer.
In the Apps viewer, you can see different icons lined up including the Settings icon represented by a gear-shaped image. Just tap on it to launch the Settings app.
- In the Settings app menu, scroll to find Battery then tap on it to proceed.
The Battery settings menu will load up next.
- From the available options, find then tap Battery Saver.
Doing so will take you to the Battery Saver settings menu with relevant options and features.
- To continue, tap Extreme Battery Saver.
Another window opens with more details about the Extreme Battery Saver feature and what happens when you activate it on your device.
- Beneath the brief intro are two main options including When to use and Essential apps. To continue, tap When to use to adjust the current settings.
On the next screen, you can choose any from the given options including Ask every time, Always use and Never use.
- If you want your phone to ask if you want to use Extreme battery saver when Battery Saver is turned on, select Ask every time.
To use Extreme battery saver whenever you enable Battery Saver on your phone, select Always use. Otherwise, select Never use to disable the feature.
- Another option that you can use is called Essential apps. You can make use of this feature to pause non-essential apps to maximum battery saver and extend battery life.
To use this feature, just tap Essential apps from the Extreme Battery Saver main screen. Doing so opens a new window with a list of all System apps and Downloaded apps.
- Google Pixel 7
Please note though that system apps cannot be paused by Extreme Battery Saver but it can pause most of the downloaded third-party applications.
To select which of your apps to pause while your phone is in extreme battery saver, scroll down to the Your apps section then find the app(s) that you’d like to pause. Just tap to mark the checkbox next to the desired application(s).
After selecting apps, tap the Back key to return to the Extreme Battery Saver main screen or exit Battery settings.
How does the Extreme Battery Saver feature work?
Battery-consuming apps and features such as Wi-Fi, hotspot, and some relevant network connections and features like Hey Google will be paused while your phone is in Extreme Battery Saver mode. Background activities are likewise halted to further minimize battery consumption and maximize power saving.
That said, expect your phone to have limited functions while Extreme Battery Saver is enabled. Nevertheless, you can always switch back to its normal state when you have it recharged.
And that’s all about activating the Google Pixel 7 Extreme Battery Saving mode.
Posts you might like